“Not a casino patron so consider that as I render my opinion.”

Spirit Mountain Casino
More attraction details
Owner description: The Northwests Premier Entertainment Destination. Spirit Mountain Casino is Oregon's largest casino operated by The Confederated Tribes of Grand Ronde. Spirit Mountain provides its guests with a large and diverse selection of slot machines and table games as well as the regions largest buffet.
Port Ludlow, Washington
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 93 helpful votes
“Not a casino patron so consider that as I render my opinion.”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I dislike casinos, but my 93 year old aunt loves them, so we decided to take her to Sporit Mountain during our visit. We dropped the aunt off in. The "nonsmoking" section of the casino - and found that the smoke smell, while still noticeable, was somewhat diminished. The casino is connected to a lodge and conference center - and contains displays depicting the "Grande Ronde" Indians struggles, over the years trying ultimately successfully to extract concessions from the government. The buffet was a good buy at $10 for lunch, available until 3:00 PM. As casinos go, I guess this one was ok for those who enjoy gambling. The passageways are spacious, the place is not overly crowded, the machines are plentiful with much variety - but for me, don't care if I never see another.

Visited June 2014

Central Utah
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Just another casino”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I have been going to casinos, almost exclusively in Nevada, for about 40 years. I would compare the Spirit Mountain Casino to the type I've known in West Wendover, Nevada.
The casino has typical gaming machines one would find in a small casino, but none of the large payout types one would find in the major casinos in Reno and Las Vegas. I think the largest jackpot was on a progressive machine in the thousands. I wasn't paying much attention to those.
The casino also has some gaming tables, including two roulette tables in separate sections.
My wife and I stopped at the casino just for the Cedar Plank Buffet, but since we arrived too late for lunch and too early for dinner, we went to the casino to wait.
I wandered through the casino a time or two back and forth and didn't see any machines or tables calling my name. My wife found a machine she wanted to try and sat down.
On one of my times through and past my wife, she told me she had lost the few dollars she'd had and asked me for some money, so I gave her a $20 bill. By the time we left the casino to go up the hall for dinner at the buffet, she had played on a few machines and had over $80 on a slip, which we cashed at the Cashier window before dinner.
If you are passing by and get a gambling itch, you could drop in. Timing is everything, so I can't suggest that you would do as well as my wife did.

Visited June 2014
Portland, OR
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“We're over it.”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We've been going to the casino every few months, occasionally staying at the lodge, for years. Over those years we've noticed a sharp decline in the number of people winning at the slots, us included. In conversations with complete strangers I have spoken to there, they've commented about how 'tight' the slots are. During our last trip there I didn't notice the ringing of any wins, no whoops or hollers. Bottom line, we're over it, there will be no return trips.
I heard of a casino in Washington State that is, what Spirit Mountain used to be, and if I'm going to drive for a couple hours it might as well be North instead of West.

3 Thank Gentrytravel
Albany, Oregon
“Great place! HOSTS ARE THE BEST!!!”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Been going here since they opened. Have never been disappointed! Rooms, restaurants, buffet...all AWESOME! Hosts are the best! Lisa, Rebecca, Soch, and Ruby....they all ROCK! I have a host when i go to Las Vegas and these folks give much better service and attention! Always willing to go the extra mile and always with a smile. I have only been a platinum member for a short time, and they have already made me feel like family! Guys, I appreciate all you do!

Auburn, California
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“A very nice facility, for the area.”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

The food in the buffet was basically crud. I don't have much to say about this place, it's a yawner. The non-smoking section is ridiculously small.

In this area, it's a nice place.

1 Thank jwhitmore2005