“Just what you wanted in a reservation”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Grand Ronde
Spirit Mountain Casino Lodge
Seoul, South Korea
“Just what you wanted in a reservation”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This is a very new and beautiful Indian reservation. The hotel rooms are very clean and simple, yet it still makes you feel special. The casino floor is massive, popular and very welcoming. Enjoy the large buffet and free continental breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kmp920

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I have stayed here before, so knew what to expect. However, this stay was not quite as enjoyable as previous ones. For one thing, they seem to have raised their players card holder rates, although they are still a decent deal.

Staff were not as friendly as they were on previous visits. Rooms are still pretty comfortable for the price, although the décor is starting to look a little tired. The bathrooms, however, are still quite nice with good water pressure in the shower. Beware: if you are not out of the room by at least 10:00 a.m., it will probably not be cleaned or the beds made. I sent several emails ahead of time requesting a one-hour late check-out on the last day and never got a response. When I asked about it at check-in, they looked at me like it was the most ridiculous request in the world and told me they couldn't do that without charging me for another whole day.

The Casino itself has gone a bit downhill. Fewer new slots, more crowded and tighter payouts. I mean a 79 cent BONUS round on a $1.20 bet???? This happened quite a few times. Since this place is basically in the middle of nowhere, the Casino is really the only reason to visit and it just wasn't as much fun as it has been before.

The complimentary breakfast is no great shakes, but I guess you get what you pay for. The TV channels are very limited and the picture was bad.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Travelersmf59
Riverton, Wyoming
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stopped here on our way back from the coast towards Salem. I had never eaten at this Casino, and thus had never reviewed it. We decided to eat at the buffet (since the line was short) and it was a delicious experience! It isn't the best buffet I have ever been too, but I was so full with the dinner options, I couldn't bring myself to try to dessert! There are a range of options from International cuisine, American, Asian, and then a big salad bar in the center of the room. The staff was accomadating, and the options available were cooked to perfection (including Prime Rib from the fresh carving station!)

I would recommend this to family and friends coming through! The only downside, I find, to the casino, is that there are several machines I have played around other areas (Idaho, Vegas) which were not available amongst the hundreds of slot machines in the multiple rooms. I understand that casinos carry different games, but there are five machines I always look for when visiting new casinos, and these were unavailable. Another note to add, is that when busy, you can't choose which machine you would like to play. We stopped in on a Saturday night, and the machines were so busy, you just sit at whichever one comes open and play (or wait a long time until someone leaves the machine you want.)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Hannah G
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

The beds were so very comfortable! The room was beautiful. The hotel itself is fantastic. Espresso coffee served near the lobby was a big plus. However, the employees I encountered would not even make eye contact. When I would say 'Good Morning' directly to 6 employees, they walked right past me. Not one word or nod of acknowledgement. Customer service is also part of the hospitality industry, and from the looks of things, it does not seem that hotel staff are trained well enough in this area. I could be overly friendly, but it seems that housecleaning and groundskeepers need some training.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jaxgang5
Arizona
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I stayed at the lodge a few years ago on vacation. Based upon my first experience, I opted to return recently. Unfortunately, it was a deeply disappointing experience. The Lodge and rooms are unclean and display lack of care. Upon our arrival, the front desk was unfriendly and unprofessional. After finally checking-in, we found the elevators to be in need of a cleaning and vacuuming. The hallways carpets show signs of wear, including deep stains. The room was supposed to be non-smoking, but smelled of smoke. The floor was unclean and needed a good vacuuming. The end table was broken. There was neither a pen nor pad in the room to write a note. The bathroom was unclean; including the vent was full of dust and grime. The screen on the window was broken. Sleep was challenging as we heard consistent banging on the door in the next room at 3 a.m. We attempted to report this situation to the front desk and received a no response nor assistance. We originally had a reservation for three days, but left promptly the next morning. A deep disappointment as our memory was of a hotel with rustic and welcoming rooms - now it is an unclean Vegas environment.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank ITTravelerArizona
Oregon City, Oregon
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We bought tickets for Thunder Down Under show at the casino. I would never waste money on a concert or event here. Maybe it was just the set for T.D.U. but if you got floor seats you won't see anything because the stage and big screens are too low to even see over anyone's head sitting in front of you. For those sitting in the risers in the back, they could see the stage but it's so far away. There was no designation between the Ticket holders line and the line to buy tickets.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank bmason
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Stayed one night (May 9th) for my birthday with my husband. We had a great time. Check in was relatively quick, there were about 2 guests before us, and the lady who checked us in (Jenn V) was friendly and courteous. We signedf up for a players card and received a $20 room discount. Were were hoping for one of the updated/remodeled rooms, which we didn't get, but it was my understanding that the hotel was full and they were out of the updated rooms. The room, aside from being dated, was very large and clean. The bathroom was large and well stocked. I appreciated them providing two bottles of shampoo and conditioner. The continental breakfast in the morning was a nice touch. We used the wifi without a probem. Every staff member we encountered was friendly and helpful. The bed was large and comfortable. The mattress was a little firm for my liking, but my husband loved it.

Only cons to this stay was that twice prior to check in in the week leading up to our stay I had attempted to contact the hotel through e-mail and FB message. I never recevied a response. In this day in age when so much communication is done through electronic mail and social media, management should pay more attention to their inbox.

Aside from that, the stay was great and we will definately be back.

Room Tip: Book in advance and request an updated room. Also, sign up for a players card to get $20 off the ro...