“Beautiful Room”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Grand Ronde
Spirit Mountain Casino Lodge
Reviewed 1 November 2010

We were in one of the updated rooms, King non-smoking. It was such a nice room, I did not want to leave it to go downstairs and gamble! The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 September 2010

I came on my way to the coast and decided to give it a try, but it was a huge mistake. The casino is separate and the area of the lodge is a hike, at least if you're having to retrieve items for the room as I was. First i got food to go at the deli because there was no available room service because the staff was too busy. i took it upstairs, got undressed and ready to sit in for the evening with my dinner. Then i discovered that my to-go dinner did not include silverware. I would have been happy to grab plastic utensils when I was in the deli, which were located at the other end of the cafeteria so not obvious if you're at the pickup window. But no one said a word and I guess since it was nicely wrapped up in a bag and ready to take with me, I expected it to be complete.
So now I have to get dressed again and hike back to the deli to get silverware. I picked up the plate of food to move it out of the way. The food was on a very flimsy cardboard which wasn't evident at first and the whole plate collapsed, with the food now spread all over the bed. I guess if one of the other reviewers was right, the bed bugs had a feast. I managed to get most of it into the garbage can.
So back to the deli for another meal. On the way, a stop at the vending machine to see how much money to buy a soda, but it was out of order. A check on 2 other floors and i finally found one that was supposedly in order, but it wouldn't take my bills. The very nice clerk at the counter gave me better 1s and i tried again, to no avail. He said they're all like that, and you can never get them to take the money. Guess they should be slots, I bet that would work.
So now I'm on the hunt for a 2nd dinner and a paper cup or something to take soda to have in my room for thirst. No... I can't have one of the tall paper cups I've seen in the casino to take water or soda to my room, even though I'm a guest. So may I find out where to get them? No "we don't have any for you to take with you, but maybe you'd like to take the shuttle to the store?" Seriously? you've got to be kidding!! I'm a guest and she's telling me to go to the store to get something to drink for my room! wow. I don't mind paying for it, but that wasn't the issue. They just don't have accommodations for hotel guests.
The room is large as is the bath, which is nice. But it's clearly set up for sleeping only, and not staying for tv or entertainment. Theres no guide so in order to find out what's on you have to channel surf and wait til you recognize what show it might be. Unbelievable.. .what century do we live in?
no... I'll pass. On all of it... never again!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank pdxscout
Reviewed 23 July 2010

Stayed at the Lodge on business. Was impressed with the size of the room. Appointed nicely but economy finishes and furnishings. Huge bathroom was great. Nice bath products. But no paper, no pens, no exercise room, no pool, cable package had few channels. The casino, like many, is remotely located, so there is NOTHING to do in the area . . . also no easily accessible trails for walking or running. I stayed 2 days and every meal I had was "alright" ... nothing special. Every drink I had was weak. It was strange to be in a huge space that was smoke-filled ... the gambling floor was average and the machines tight. All in all it is a definite 3-out-of-5 kind of place.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank NewportMania
Reviewed 3 June 2010

Stayed 1 night at the Spirit Mountain Casino Lodge and found it just average. The website had pictures of a Las Vegas style atmosphere but it fell short. Staff was not that friendly and seemed over worked. Room was quite spacious and rate was quite a steal.

Buffet was reasonably priced with good selections. They could improve a bit on the dessert selections.

Reviewed 3 June 2010

Room is spacious, clean and reasonable rate, $85 including tax. Free breakfast. Dinner buffet is inexpensive($15) but only prime rib is tasty and tender. Staff are not too friendly.

Reviewed 25 May 2010

My husband and I traveled from the Seattle area for a two night stay to celebrate our anniversary. We drove down, arriving Saturday afternoon. There was evidently a casino give-way that evening and the place was packed. We upgraded to a suite and were happy we did.

The decor was a bit austere, the rooms were large. The primary bathroom was a delight...marble double sink counters, tile flooring, jetted bath and amenties, complimentary slippers, etc. The second bath was at the entrance and larger than average.

The king bed was very comfortable and the suite was very quiet, we didn't hear a sound the two days we were there. Negatives were the futon in the main room, a sofa would have been much better, there was no closet in the suite. The bedroom entertainment center had a very small cupboard with only three hangers, not enough for two people.
There was no pen or paper by the phone for messages.

The distance from the elevators to the casino was LONG walk, golf cart shuttles were available for those needing assistance, inside, of course.The decor in the public areas is very nice.

We were especially impressed with the friendliness of every staff member we came in contact with: parking attendants, bus boys, desk personnel, restaurant employees, housekeeping, gift shop, cashiers, bell captain, maintenance and security people.....not one rude or unpleasant person.

This is a large facility, the parking lots are huge, and it appears to be a very popular place. We were glad we went.

1  Thank Celticlady09
Reviewed 26 April 2010

We reviewed the casino last year before the addition of the "night club" and bar at the main entrance..unfortunately neither has appeal or enhanced the appeal to visit this establishment. The small "Raindrops" offers little in the way of a really good club and the entrance bar's music is overly loud with over-priced weak drinks. The gaming climate is in our opinion even worse than last year when all the remodeling was being paid for, most people we observed were playing penny slots at minimum or close to it...any major players didn't hit and soon left the machines. In the six hours we were on the floor we didn't see/hear one major jackpot hit on slots. There was only one guy occassionally trying to draw interest at the blackjack table by whooping if he caught a hand, but he was the only one. Overall the mood was depressing...lots of people but few smiling faces..most people walking by commenting on how much they lost. Our group also had no success playing various denominations of slots. The "hits" were few and far between, not enough to keep you in play without dumping more dollars into the machines. The Summit was even worse. There weren't many players in the "high rollers" room where we usually play and the service poor. We asked for comps and was surprised how low the value was especially for the amount of our play. Our rating is this casino/hotel is less a destination value than a quick stop over on the way to the coast and not a place where any serious gamer would frequent. The only reasonable attraction might be the buffet which is somewhat moderately priced, but still not a real value as in most casinos.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
#18 of 35 in Lincoln City
Looking Glass Inn
Looking Glass Inn
#1 of 35 in Lincoln City

Been to Spirit Mountain Casino Lodge? Share your experiences!