We have used this chain in other places and found it to generally be comfortable, a step above "budget". When we had to find a hotel to spend a week while we dealt with some family issues, we needed to find the right place and have our stay be worry free. The area is full of small independent motels, but we were unsure of the quality. Even though this one cost 60% more than other places, we decided to go with a sure thing rather than deal with the unknown. Our general criteria - Clean, Comfortable, Internet. We were not looking for luxury, just a place to retreat to at the end of a very long day.
The Good -
* Average room size, but comfortable. Includes small desk, easy chair, mini-fridge.
* Bed is comfortable and includes both firm and soft pillows - we had a great sleep.
* Fast, problem-free WiFi in room.
* Sound proofing worked well - and was put to the test with a road construction project going on outside our window.
* Breakfast bar was a nice bonus (including both hot & cold selections) as was the morning paper.
* The tub was huge! Someone over 6' tall could actually get everything in at the same time.
* Location - at one of two ends of town and right off the freeway, easy to get anywhere in the area. Several stores, restaurants in walking distance.
The Bad -
* Cleanliness - Even after bringing it to their attention it took 3 complaints (over 2 days) and threats of moving to get hair (from previous guest) removed from the bathroom floor. If our business in the area had not been so all consuming, we would have left after the first night. Desk staff was nice, and appeared to respond appropriately, but apparently communication is an issue as well. The message was not delivered across shifts or departments. I ended up buying wipes and making sure surfaces were actually clean and sanitary. We did get a 10% discount so the room cost only 50% over the local places.
* Smoking Rooms across the hall from non-smoking rooms. Every time we left our room we had to deal with the smoke coming from the rooms across the hall. Most places use different smoking/non-smoking floors for a reason.
Bottom line -
This hotel misses on two of our main criteria - cleanliness & worry free. We will try one of the small local places next trip. If I am getting a budget hotel, at least I will be paying a budget price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Grants Pass is conveniently located at the junction of Interstate 5 and the Redwood Hwy (Hwy 199). Our lodging offers you easy access to Rogue River thrills, antique shopping, wildlife watching and wine tasting. Seasonally, catch the exciting action of Grants Pass Downs horse racing, enjoy summer theater and art, try whitewater rafting, fishing or a jet boat excursion on the wild and scenic Rogue River. Shop in the open air at the Southern Oregon Public Market and in the Historic Towne Centre or enjoy a round of golf at one of the local courses. The Holiday Inn Express hotel accommodations feature: Simply Smart guest bath and bedding, Smart Roast in-room coffee, free local and 800 calls and free wireless HSIA. Enjoy a unique breakfast experience at our new Express Start breakfast bar served every morning. Featuring a selection of cheese omelets, bacon, biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, sausage, fruits, juices, cereals, breads/pastries & muffins, and even hard boiled eggs. We have also created the world's best tasting cinnamon roll. Visit Grants Pass, OR and Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, IHG, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Grants Pass reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Grants Pass Hotel Grants Pass
- Holiday Inn Grants Pass
- Grants Pass Holiday Inn