“Beautiful setting with views of town and nice landscaping...”

Super 8 Grants Pass
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Grants Pass

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

The rooms are dated and service was forgettable....the rooms have the lingering smell of cigarette smoke and that is all too bad because it was one of the most comfortable beds and pillows I slept on all week and the ptice was awesome.....and the have a little free breakfast downstairs.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank G_Nic0le
Fairfield, California
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Be sure to avoid staying on the first floor if you want to avoid the overwhelming odor of cigarette smoke. The second and third floors have better air quality. The free breakfast is okay - you can get a waffle if you want something hot.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Grants Pass
Reviewed 28 June 2014

OK, so husband is having poker nt this month at our house. Ever hid out in your room for, oh, say, 6-7 hrs? No thanks. Decided to investigate local options on that same day. Pool spoke to me, as did reviews on TripAdvisor, combined with price. Alan, the front desk guy on the phone, was decidedly odd (as in I had to call 3 times for him to say anything when the ph was picked up - I kid you not (!!!) -after making my reservation that morning - just wasn't sure about fridge & hairdryer in rm), but was very helpful once he spoke. Squeezed in for (w/AAA discount - incl tax) $67/nt total. Perfect to escape the elevated levels of testosterone going on at my house (which I can see from my 3rd floor window here, BTW...). Anywho, checked in about 3pm, w/friendly woman I think I recognized (small town), and hiked upstairs (3rd fl - I requested quiet) to my rm 302. Great view of greenery that surrounds GP - love the view. Hallways were a bit dingy/scary, but once I opened door to the rm, a GREAT bargain! No elevators (I like a bit of exercise, but thought you should know), but the "bedspread" (HOORAY!) is something that is clearly washed each & every time. I got one of the newer, swanky rms (I think) - & it is spotless. I turned on the AC & headed downtown to score some food at the Laughing Clam (take out). Am now enjoying surprised QUIET so close to the freeway. They have prob-not-so-odd local policy (that they made me sign upon arrival), which appears to be geared towards moms w/a 10-child birthday pty at the pool, or, um..... prob something unsavory (I see no evid of the latter, BTW). KIng bed appears to be a tempurpedic or knock-off - either way, it is fabulous. For the buck, you cannot go wrong. 86 today - AC is pumping out like a champ for a 3rd/top fl room. Either stay here, or employ my guestrm at my house if you're normal. : ]

Room Tip: Room with a nice view of GP - 302 - southside - away from freeway - top/3rd floor
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Reading some of the previous reviews, I was concerned, but the price was right. Our room was very clean, and up to date, and the bathroom looked new. Carpets were fine. Enjoyed having a refrigerator and microwave. I would happily stay here again.

We didn't eat the complimentary breakfast, instead we ate a fantastic meal at the Black Bear, a few blocks away.

Room Tip: We were given a room away from one of the doors leading to the parking lot. Very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Seattle
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Rooms have been recently updated. Nicely done. Clean, comfy and good accommodations for the price. Breakfast is located in a small room, yet enough offerings to get you started on the road. Staff friendly and provided good service. We would recommend this location.

Stayed June 2014