“Adequate Hotel”

Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Grants Pass
Bremerton, Washington
“Adequate Hotel”
Reviewed 6 June 2010

We stopped here for the night on our way south. The free wi-fi worked and the free breakfast was adequate, although there was no place to sit, you had to either take it back to your room or eat standing up. The price is competitive and the room comfortable.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RobBremerton
Shilo_GP, Manager at Shilo Inn Grants Pass, responded to this review, 3 August 2010
Dear RobBremerton,

I am glad that your room was comfortable, and the price was to your liking. Hopefully on your next trip you will be able to stay longer and enjoy Grants Pass’s great weather and the many things to do in the wonderful Rogue Valley area.

Laura Abraham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 5 June 2010

We had a very short stay as a half-way between Portland and San Francisco. The room was large, clean and quiet. We did not explore too much, but we had no unpleasant experiences. The room was a good value, and we would stay again. Hotel staff were pleasant and efficient.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear JohannmSF,

I am glad that your stay was pleasant with us at the Shilo Inn Grants Pass. I hope that you are able to come back and stay with us longer and enjoy not only our facility with our great expanded continental breakfast and pool, but the beautiful city of Grants Pass.

Thank you for Choosing Shilo Inns – Affordable Excellence!!

Tigard
Reviewed 1 October 2009

Great way to start our 30th Anniversary trip through the Redwoods and scenic coast. Shilo was easy to find. We got excellent recommendations from the friendly staff including Laura the manager who made us color coded maps of different routes to take on our trip. Our room was clean and comfortable and the price was right! We will definitely stay here on our next trip!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Shilo_GP, General Manager at Shilo Inn Grants Pass, responded to this review, 12 October 2009
Dear zsazsa100,

Congratulations again on your recent Anniversary. I hope that your scenic trip through the wonder and beauty of Southern Oregon was exactly what you where looking for. I always enjoy being able to share my favorite southern Oregon destinations with our guests.

The Shilo Inns Grants Pass is a great gateway to the Redwoods; Located at exit 58, it is a straight shot to the natural beauty of the national and state parks.

The staff and I look forward to being of assistance on your next trip through southern Oregon. Until then, Best wishes and safe travels.

San Diego, California
Reviewed 28 September 2009

While I got a good Priceline rate, I wouldn't have felt ripped off by this property if I paid a published rate since they were slightly lower than all the other similar properties on my date (although I will say in general Grants Pass is kind of on the pricey side). It's a good motel with some slightly upscale features like an in-room iron and ironing board, a blowdryer, shampoo and free wireless internet. The room decor, while kind of dated 80s/90s looking, it was still not divey. The room was pretty clean. Nothing stood out as particularly un-clean as some of the other reviewers reported. The breakfast was meager; cereal, juice, coffee and a couple of bread options, all in a small rather cramped room. At least it was included in the rate.

The staff was friendly and helpful. When I needed to print out a boarding pass for my next day's flight, the clerk was happy to assist me with that. Sweet.

Overall, an okay place to stay.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
Shilo_GP, General Manager at Shilo Inn Grants Pass, responded to this review, 10 October 2009
Dear Glencie,

Thank you for your review. I am very glad that the staff was friendly and helpful. Shilo Inns’ motto is “Affordable Excellence” and I’m pleased that you found our place to be a great value.

Grants Pass is a treasure in southern Oregon. Beautiful scenery with great natural treasures - it is a wonderful place to visit.

I hope to see you on your future travels. Happy travels.

CA
Reviewed 14 September 2009

We arrived late at night. We've never stayed at a Shiloh Inn and had no idea what to expect, but with the multitude of available choices, we expected that competition would mean that we'd at least find "clean." We didn't.

We stayed in Room 106. One of the bed's mattresses had a large stain on it, the sheets were so thin that they kept pulling off the mattress, some of the bath towels had brown stains on them (coffee?) and the room was so dingy in general but, because we were so exhausted, we decided to stay anyway. We slept in our clothes and did not shower in the morning. We didn't want to use disgusting towels and we couldn't wait to get out of there.

We will never stay at a Shiloh Inn again.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
Dear kaydee7,

I am very sorry to hear about your recent stay with us at the Shilo Inn – Grants Pass.
The experience you describe is not in any way what we want any guest to feel while staying with us.

I apologize that the room was not up to your expectations. I hope that you will return so that we can show you the improvements to the building and staff.

Travellers are raving about these Grants Pass hotels

Federal Way
Reviewed 29 July 2009

We booked a King room and when we got there she told us there weren't any left. She was more than happy to upgrade us for $10.00 more a night. I made my reservations over a month in advance. The room was ok. It was a non-smoking room that use to be smoking. It still stunk like smoke. The so called breakfast was one of the worst I have ever had. Spend the money and go to Mc Donald's.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Shilo_GP, General Manager at Shilo Inn Grants Pass, responded to this review, 10 August 2009
Head-elf 3,

Thank you for your comments. I am sorry to hear the room you requested was not available on the night of your stay. Occasionally, we have guests extend their stay with little notice and we try to accommodate everyone’s requests.

The Shilo chain recently went 100% smoke free and we continue daily to make improvements in our effort to eliminate the smoke remnant. I apologize that our breakfast wasn’t up to your standards. We have made recent changes and now offer fresh fruit, biscuits and gravy, breakfast burritos, muffins, pastries and many other items that we hope our guests will enjoy.

I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to share Shilo hospitality with you and your family.

Tacoma, WA
Reviewed 28 July 2009

Thank god I got this room for $50 on priceline! If I had spent $99 I would have really been depressed. Its ugly, smelly, old, and dingy. The people were pleasant enough and breakfast was fine for a breakfast bar, but our room on the north (I think) end of the building smelled like it was formerly a smoking room. There was something on the hallway carpet that my daughter referred to as "dog barf" that I refused to look at.
The pool was small but clean.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Shilo_GP, General Manager at Shilo Inn Grants Pass, responded to this review, 29 July 2009
Dear Tacoma_WAAnne,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about Shilo Inns – Grants Pass on TripAdvisor. I am very sorry that your stay at this property did not meet your expectations of Shilo Inns. We are now a 100% non-smoking hotel and all the rooms that were at one time a smoking room have been deep cleaned. Since your visit we have shampooed the carpets in that entire section of the hotel to insure that no other guest feels uncomfortable with the carpeting. I am glad that you were able to have breakfast with us and that our staff was helpful. We hope to see you again so that you may experience the improvements that we have made.