“No Bedbugs!”

Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Grants Pass
east coast
“No Bedbugs!”
Reviewed 29 December 2010

I stayed in Room 125. I have an extreme reaction to insect bites, but passed the night unmolested. The previous review freaked me out. I read it after I had paid for the room. But false alarm, thankfully. It was a perfectly acceptable room at a low-end motel for a good price. The woman at the desk was very nice.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank timetravels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Windsor, California
Reviewed 4 December 2010

Woke up with bedbug bites. When I checked out, I mentioned to the clerk that they had bedbugs. She said "That's impossible, we don't allow that". I laughed and told her that whether she "allows" it or not, she had bedbugs. She then checked to see that she had my phone number and said she would call me to let me know the result of their inspection. Instead of taking the tip that they had bedbugs as a help, she was very defensive. I won't stay here again.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank W00d3y3

Travellers are raving about these Grants Pass hotels

Woodinville, WA
Reviewed 28 October 2009

We stayed here based on previous stay at other Comfort Inn's. Not a good property. When we first checked in there was a bad smell in the room - like burnt hair. The staff offered an excuse but no solution. It gave us the impression that they had taken short cuts in cleaning our room and did not make us the least bit comfortable staying there. We will never stay here again.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michael C
Torrance
Reviewed 8 September 2009

On our road trip stayed here, did not have access to look up reviews on TripAdvisor for this place. Old building, old rooms, old noisy AC, floors creaked, no elevator, near traffic, and noisy, The bedding smelled like Bengay. Paid near $100 (incl tax) for 1 night, not worth it.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravelMeow
eugene
Reviewed 21 August 2009

We were looking for an inexpensive place to stay for our anniversary day of jet boating. We paid a little over $100 for this room and it should have cost about $60 (and that is being generous). We got there late and although we had reserved a room got the last room left in the hotel - SMOKING! It was disgusting, but at that point the room was paid for (via an internet website) and we had no other options. It was a TINY room, depressing and stinky. My husband said it was the worst he has EVER stayed in. There was no anniversary nooky to be had that night! I would rather camp and next time, I think I will! Oh, and by the way, the pool is in the middle of the parking lot (blocking the carport - obviously an after thought).

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank inluvwleftcoast
Chesterfield, MO
Reviewed 21 July 2009

Checkin was quick and easy. Hotel looks older on the outside, but rooms look newer. Mine smelled of latex paint. The room arrangement is a little different; you enter into the bathroom sink area on the side of the room. The separate room with tub and toilet was huge, so you have plenty of room to dry off after your shower or bath. The sink area was small and there wasn’t much room for your stuff.
The refrigerator and microwave were both in the room. The television was large and clear with 78 channels. The room had air conditioning and heat, and unlike the coastal hotels, you REALLY need air conditioning here, it was very hot in June. The outdoor pool was cold, and there was no hot tub.
The Breakfast was typical Comfort Inn with Waffles, cereal, bread, fruit and muffins. I was up early on Sunday, and the breakfast was all set up about 20 minutes before it was supposed to open which was wonderful since I wanted to get an early start on my drive to Crater Lake.
Around the hotel there is a McDonalds, Sizzler and Burger King all within walking distance, and many other restaurants just a short drive away. Extremely easy access to I-5. Room 219 was around $85 including tax for one person which I thought was high, but it seemed to be the going rate in the area.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
puyallup
Reviewed 15 July 2009

we just had to spend the night and so, we chose the comfort inn just beacuse. They gave us our room number and we soon realize the place smells funny. Almost like a nursing home! the room was clean, but it seems the smell came from the carpets and/or the walls. I don't know.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business