“Decent lunch but not out of this world.”

Taprock Northwest Grill
Ranked #7 of 204 Restaurants in Grants Pass
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Morrisville, North Carolina
“Decent lunch but not out of this world.”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We arrived earlier than expected for the jet boat excursion so we decided to have lunch at their fancy restaurant next door. The building is beautiful and have a wonderful patio.

The food was decent (had a BBQ chopped chicken salad) however nothing to write home about. Their beer selection was decent as well. The one big knock was our waitress as she was very edgy and didn't seem to want to be there.

Visited July 2014

Bluffton, South Carolina
“Love This Place”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We live in South Carolina, our daughter lives in Grants Pass. We eat at Taprock everytime we visit. I love the ambience and being on the river. We couldn't decide about the beer so we were offered tastings. Tonight the waitress, Alex, asked my husband if everything was OK. She was astute enough to notice his lack of response and dragged out of him that he didn't care for his meal (Shrimp and Crab Pasta was bland). She immediately offered to replace it with something else at no charge. He took her up on it and we had to laugh, the blackened fish tacos was definitely not bland. Two managers came separately to the table. We were also offered a free dessert. Jack Daniels Bread Pudding was yummy. I loved my Organic Chicken Salad. What could have been a ho hum evening turned out to be a lovely experience.

• Visited July 2014
“Welcoming service,great food & lovely view”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed the swift, cheerful service, lovely salads (chicken with organic greens and crab salad), super view and local beer. We would happily return.

Visited July 2014
Denver, CO
“Nice location ok food terrible service”
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

The headline is about all I have to say. It's right by the river so it's scenic if you get the patio. The landscaping is nice as well. The service was poor, slow and forgot to put in an order and didn't even realize the mistake then forgot the side. I had my plate cleared when I went to take my kid to the restroom with my dinner still in progress. The kids were hungry after their meals so we ordered an extra plate of pasta and waited 30 minutes for that to come out. The server was apologetic but really, 30 minutes for some buttered noodles that my 12 year old said were overcooked? The first time in about 10 years I've felt like an undertip was deserved.

My roasted chicken was mediocre, the roast red reds were a bit under cooked, my wife really liked the salmon, but honestly she's going to have to talk me into coming back.

3 Thank Gordon W
Texas
“Really Enjoyed This Restaurant”
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

We chose to eat here because it was within walking distance to our hotel, and after looking at the menu online we decided there was something for everyone. Everything was great! The atmosphere, service and food was all A+. The appetizer crab dip was delicious! I had the grilled Caesar salad, my husband had the blackened halibut tacos and my daughter had the crab cobb salad. They were all delicious! The menu is very extensive and has something for everyone. I definitely recommend this restaurant!!

• Visited July 2014