“Great place if you don't like crowded bars!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
H Street Bar and Eatery
Ranked #156 of 206 Restaurants in Grants Pass
Cuisines: American
Grants Pass, Oregon
“Great place if you don't like crowded bars!”
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I always like H Street Bar and Eatery. Not a big selection of beer on tap, but the ones they do have are good. Food pretty decent for a bar.. made to order, so that's a plus. The atmosphere is nice, but for some reason it's never crowded.. I don't get why, but I personally don't mind.. it's why I always go back!

Visited February 2013

Grants Pass, Oregon, United States
“Awesome Food in a Friendly Atmosphere”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I really liked the H Street Bar ad Eatery.

First I tried their grilled Reuben and was impressed by how nicely the melted cheese coordinated with sauerkraut and roast beef. I think of this ultimate combination of ingredients as a match made in heaven by an artist of culinary (the bartender Michael).

My side dish was crinkly fries and they were as fully crunchy as I always expect from the best restaurants. Even though they were plenty seasoned in themselves, I thought it was a very nice touch when I found a small container of ranch made on the spot just when we came in. To me most of the dining atmosphere is comprised of such small but pleasurable events.

The music when it was turned on was in moderate volume which I appreciated and its quality was pleasant to the ear, starting with one of Beatles classic songs.

I would also like to point out that the stools were very comfortable for my back and legs and after a while in many places I find myself moving around in discomfort, so that kind of comfort always encourages me to stay longer.

Finally, I was impressed by the fairness of prices in a bar. Even though each of us had a full meal with a White Russian, we spent only around 20 bucks.

The service was impeccable. The bartender was attentive to our needs, engaged us in a stimulating conversation, then served the meals and the drinks quickly and in a great condition. Overall very pleasing and highly recommended.

• Visited February 2012