“The Best Kept Secret”

Dining options: Reservations
Palm springs, CA
“The Best Kept Secret”
Reviewed 12 June 2012

We went to a Murder Mystery Dinner Theater and had so much fun and enjoyed the food that we did a Tea the next day. We were treated to a private tea, the cafe opened up only for my group. The food was lovely. Lighter than air scones, home made jelly, lemon tarts and wonderful sandwiches.

The evening show was a blast, good fun for the whole family. Nothing off color or rude. Great food, wonderful service and just loads of fun.

This really is the best kept secret in Grants Pass.

• Visited March 2012
5 Thank bikerschick

Grants Pass, Oregon
“Great food, and good service”
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I visited cynthias home sweet home two weeks ago and was very happy with my visit. They had great food that took me back to good times. The service was very nice and quick, add there afordable prices and this place is a shining star in grants pass dining.

2 Thank thomas j
Eagle Point, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Big disappointment”
Reviewed 23 May 2012

After going to high tea at a place in the Applegate area I thought I'd try somewhere new. I saw Cynthia's so took my mom, daughter and friend there for Mother's Day. We were very disappointed in the whole meal, from tea clear to the desserts. I was almost embarrassed for bringing them there!

1 Thank Dana B
Medford, Oregon
“High tea very disappointing”
Reviewed 16 May 2012

My daughter took me to Cynthia's for high tea on Mothers Day and it was disappointing. We were expecting something similar to high tea that we have had at other restaurants. We were offered only one kind of tea instead of a selection of several herbal teas. There was no soup or salad, which is customary. There were four types of sandwiches and the bread was dry on two of them. The chicken curry filling was very good, but the requisite cucumber sandwich was not up to par and the cream cheese with sliced fruit was rather odd.

The scones were OK, but were served with only the clotted cream, no lemon curd or other choices. The other desserts were acceptable, but nothing special. We did have plenty to eat, but overall it was a disappointment.

Grants Pass
“Mystery Dinner”
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I went to a mystery dinner as part of a birthday party, and was unimpressed by the "mystery" and the food. I felt like it was a fun group, but the mystery could have been more entertaining if it had been meant as such, instead of trying to draw all of the guests in as characters. Cynthia did an amazing job of singing and bringing energy to the "mystery," but the plot wasn't very engaging. In addition, the food was a mixture of canned soup, yucky rice and rolls, fatty pulled pork, and the organizers had to bring their own alcohol. As a local, either entertainment or the food should be done excellently, but the fact that neither were good was disappointing.

• Visited April 2012