“A mixed bag of good features/poor; good service/poor.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Grants Pass
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Grants Pass
Portland, Oregon
“A mixed bag of good features/poor; good service/poor.”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Good features: comfy bed; indoor pool/hot tub; clean; very nice check-in service. Not so good: with dozens of motels in this highway-crossroads town, I accidentally picked the only one that's right above and overlooking I-5, when virtually every other motel is downhill and sheltered from that noise. I had asked for a quiet room near the pool - got one close by but right over the freeway. Within 15 minutes of my arrival, a family checked in right above me, with a child that ran from one end of the room to the other without stopping - punctuated by what sounded like suitcases being dropped from shoulder height. When I called the front desk, the (newly arrived) clerk said only, "Well, they just checked in..." Huh? I decided to take a hot tub and see what it was like when I got back...no improvement. I went to dinner, then mercifully, the family went to bed same time as me just as I was about to demand a new room. I was too tired to move anyway. HOWEVER, when I was checking out in the morning, the clerk asked how my stay was. (Same clerk who originally checked me in.) I told her about the incidents and the response of her co-worker. I was about to leave and she said wait a minute, and re-ran my bill with a 15% discount. Bottom line - a nice place if indoor pool/spa is important to you (it is to me) - but maybe request a room away from the freeway facing town.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing town and away from freeway. Don't know if this will be sufficient to quell f...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
San Diego
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Stayed two nights at this location. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. Breakfast was nice with some warm items that made it a touch above a continental breakfast. Staff was friendly and helpful. They were very knowledgeable about a Nation Park that we were planning to visit, Crater Lake. If it wasn't for their knowledge, we would have wasted half a day traveling there only to find it closed and inaccessible. Would definitely stay at this location if in the area again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank CliffordG
Spring, Texas
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Got one of our best nights sleep at this LQ. Also had an inviting and clean Hot Tub.
The cookies were a bonus. Staff gave good directions to Wal Mart. Also recommend Windy River Brewing Co for good food.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

2 Thank ElaineETraveler
Coos Bay, OR
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at this property for a business trip. We checked in around 9pm and the front desk employee made us feel incredibly welcome. The room was beautiful and comfortable. The breakfast was fantastic. And best of all even though check out was at Noon they were kind enough to let us check out at 12:30 so that my friend did not need to wait in the lobby for me to finish my meeting. I will definitely stay here again!!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank KRS1971
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We enjoyed our stay at LQ in Grants Pass. The décor was attractive, service was friendly and efficient, and the premises were clean and quiet. We'd go back any time we're in the area. I'd highly recommend

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family