As you might tell from the huge range of opinions on this hotel, this place has a lot of character. If you like that, or like independent hotels rather than big chains, you'll probably like this place. I was between a three and a four on my rating here, but opted for the four because I like character and supporting small businesses.
Grants Pass as a whole surprised me... more strip mall and less picturesque than I had always imagined. We stopped for one night here on a trip between Oregon and California. It was a couple mile drive from the freeway, through a lot of strip malls, until you get to the "downtown". There's a big, three lane, one way road going through the downtown, and the hotel is right on the right hand side before you hit a bridge going over the river. I had imagined more remote somehow.
The staff is exceptionally friendly. They definitely made me smile and happy to support the place. They were definitely the highlight.
The room was old school. If I remember correctly, we actually had carpet on the walls. Army green carpet to boot I think. It was absolutely outdated, but it had a beautiful balcony overlooking the river and we slept just fine.
Breakfast was included in this funny, old school room called the crow's nest or something like that. The pool looked so pretty in the pictures but it was smaller and off the parking lot. The hot tub was being repaired when we were there. Still, we all enjoyed the pool.
This location is great if you want to do the jet boat ride, which we did. Not something we would do all the time (We're more of canoe people than jet boat people), but it was fun!
Overall, if you're headed to Grants Pass I think this is a great place to stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the banks of the Rogue River in Grants Pass, Oregon, the Riverside Inn has 63 guest rooms, each with a private balcony overlooking the river. The largest full service hotel on the Rogue River, the Riverside Inn is just next door to Hellgate Jetboat Excursions, Taprock Northwest Grill and a few blocks away from the historic 'G' Street shopping and dining area in downtown Grants Pass. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Riverside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Riverside Hotel Grants Pass
- Riverside Hotel Grants Pass
- Riverside Inn Grant Pass