“Excellent experience”

Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Grants Pass
Duvall, Washington
“Excellent experience”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We stayed for three nights, making day trips to Crater Lake, the ocean, etc. The personnel were friendly and courteous. We had a room facing the Rogue River and found the view very relaxing. (Although I have to admit that one morning, we were awakened by some very loud geese resting beside the river!) The room was clean, with great beds and a good shower. We will definitely make a return visit, probably combined with a trip to the Shakespeare Festival in Ashland.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
RiversideInn, General Manager at Riverside Inn, responded to this review, 17 August 2013
It’s great to hear you enjoyed your stay and I think you for your comments! We are so lucky to be right in the middle of so many southern Oregon destinations and I’m glad you took advantage of it! I’m looking forward to your return visit.

Many thanks,

Riverside Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Lyndonville, Vermont
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We checked in on a Friday evening after a few days out in Bandon. Chantal was expecting us and was very friendly, between the three of us and the other family checking in it was pretty loud in reception but she handled each group like a pro! Rooms were clean, LOVE THE FOUR PILLOWS ON A BED, GET SO TIRED OF CALLING AT OTHER HOTELS TO ASK FOR ANOTHER PILLOW, bathrooms were clean, the towels were nice and plush and the new flat screen TV was great! I like the information hand-out, everything was on one page: the directions to the room, where breakfast was and the wi-fi password. What was really lovely about the room was the balcony! Right over the river, lush trees outside, geese flying by, it was like being in a luxerious treehouse! Would defintely stay again!

Room Tip: 1st or 2nd floor, both have great balconies!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
RiversideInn, General Manager at Riverside Inn, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
Such kind words, thank you so much for taking the time to write! I’m happy to hear that Chantale was able to take care of you so well in the middle of what sounds like a big rush – we’re lucky to have her! I’m very happy to hear you were so pleased with your room and all the improvements we implemented over the spring season. We all hope to see you and your family again the next time you come to Grants Pass.

Take care,

Reviewed 14 August 2013

I found this to be over priced for the quality of rooms. Linens cheap and not clean. Desk personnel was lazy and not knowledgable. I would have paid in the 60 dollar range. Nothing of quality at this place !

• Stayed September 2012
RiversideInn, General Manager at Riverside Inn, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
I sincerely regret that your stay with us was not a typical experience at our hotel. At Riverside Inn, guest satisfaction and comfort are the number one priority and we strive for that with each of our guests. I do see that the date you stayed was some time ago. Since then, we’ve done extensive remodeling. All of our rooms have new linens, we’ve repainted our rooms, replaced the majority of the carpets, and added new countertops and refrigerators.

I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you personally, either via phone or email, to hear more about your stay and your interactions with the staff. I don’t want Riverside Inn to be a place to simply rest your head, I want it to be a place where you feel like a welcomed and appreciated guest.

Warm regards,

Milwaukie
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Stayed one night last week at The Riverside. The front desk personnel were rude, not helpful when I asked questions, and I recommend they attend a public relations workshop. The room was very nice, well maintained.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I’m very saddened by your experience at the hotel. If you were to look at the other reviews, I would hope you’d see this isn’t the typical impression our guests leave with. I would love to have the chance to speak with you personally to get a better understanding of what happened the night you stayed with us.

While I am never excited to see a bad review, I do appreciate you taking the time to write. We will be using this interaction as a training tool for our staff in order to remind them of how guest perceptions effect the overall impression of their experience with us.

I do encourage you to give us another chance the next time you come through Grants Pass. Please contact me directly to make your reservation.

Best regards,

Chico, California
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We were so pleased with this Inn. When we checked in, I mentioned that it was our 44th anniversary. We were upgraded.....at no extra cost.....to a Deluxe room on the third floor. They also brought up a bottle chilled champagne and glasses. Everyone there was so friendly...they made us feel like they were really happy to have us there. The view of the river was amazing, and it was great fun watching the jet boats come and go right from our balcony. The breakfast was more than adequate, and the staff in the breakfast room was helpful and cheerful. Would recommend this Inn to anyone wanting a nice room in Grant Pass.

Room Tip: Ask for a room without a lot of trees and bushes off the balcony.....you will love the view.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BABSCHICO
Thank you for writing such a wonderful review, I cannot thank you enough! You touched on so many different parts of your stay with us, and reviews like this gives future guests confidence in their choice to stay with us! I’m glad we were able to play a part in making your anniversary just a little more special and hope to be a part of it again next year, or whenever you come back through the area.

Looking forward to your next visit,

Reviewed 7 August 2013

This is the fifth hotel we have stayed in this summer with all of them being on average $100 per night, and this was the worst value of them all. Yes, there was a river view through unkept blackberry bushes.....no access(unless I just couldn't find it) & no chairs on the balcony if you wanted to enjoy the sounds of the river. Breakfast was included, that consisted of cold cereal & fruit.......I find that a little misleading to say breakfast included with those being the only offering. The absolute worst though was the paper thin walls!!! We were awoken by the room above us at 4am starting there day.......lovely!!! When the maid was cleaning the room next door, we had to make sure she wasn't in our bathroom......because it was SO LOUD!!! I would save $40-$50 and stay at the Super 8 or Comfort Inn if I were to stay in grants pass again & just needed a bed to sleep in!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Sdb080
RiversideInn, General Manager at Riverside Inn, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
I am extremely disheartened to see that you were so unhappy with your recent stay at Riverside Inn. As you can see from the other reviews, this is not a typical experience at Riverside Inn. All of the rooms do have private balconies, which include two chairs and a table. I’ve spoken with housekeeping and have asked that they double check each and every balcony to be sure that everything is where it should be. We understand that a primary draw to Riverside Inn is our location, right on the banks of the Rogue River, and the views that come with the location, so I do apologize that somehow the balcony furniture was missing. There are bushes and trees all along the Rogue River, including here at the hotel. We have our landscaper routinely trim things back to provide a good view from all of the balconies while attempting to maintain a natural look to things. We will be assessing the situation the next time he is on property and see if we can get them cut back from any balconies they could be partially blocking.

The Riverside Inn does offer an expanded continental breakfast which includes a wide variety of items – fresh waffles, bagels, English muffins, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, fruit, cereal, juices, and of course coffee. Breakfast is a big part of one’s day so I apologize that it did not meet your expectations, especially after being awoken by another guest so early.

I do hope you’ll return again and give us another chance to show you what a stay at Riverside Inn should be like. We all take a great amount of pride in our work and our hotel, and we want you to be able to walk away with a smile. If you can contact me directly, I will be more than happy to personally take care of your reservations, and perhaps an email or telephone discussion can give me a better idea of how we missed the mark with your stay.

Warm regards,

Kirkland, Washington
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We took a road trip thru Oregon and stopped a 4 hotels ,This by far was the most comfortable and cleanest room we saw.It had a standard king bed that was very comfortable and relaxing,It had a good shower and hairdryer in the unit (something a lot of hotels did not have)
The rooms look out over the river and that was very enjoyable
The staff and all the people we saw were extremely friendly and helpful!!
Popcorn in the evening,Continental breakfast in the morning All was excellent
WE WOULD DEFINITELY COME BACK

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
RiversideInn, General Manager at Riverside Inn, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
What a fantastic review, thank you for taking the time out of your day to post this! I’m happy you enjoyed the time you spent with us while on your vacation. I’m very proud of each member of my staff, it’s good to hear you found them all to be accommodating! I hope you get another chance to visit Oregon and stay with us again!

Best wishes,