“River views!”
Review of Riverside Inn

Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Grants Pass
Reviewed 22 September 2013

All the rooms here appear to face the Rogue River and the Caveman Bridge. The views are great. You can watch jetboats go by as well as jetskis and other boaters. The balconies have chairs and a small table so you can relax all afternoon if you want. The jetboat tours dock just below at the river so this is a very convenient hotel to stay at if you're taking a tour. The rooms are clean and quite spacious.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
RiversideInn, General Manager at Riverside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

I’m thrilled you were able to enjoy your stay so much! The views from the balcony make your room such a relaxing place to be and I’m happy you had the time to truly enjoy it. I hope you also had the time to take a jetboat tour while you were here, but even if not, I know watching them go up and down the river is fun too. I hope to see you again in the future, thank you for leaving a review!

Warm regards.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

Talk about a great place to stay. We spent 4 nights here and have nothing but nice things to say about our stay. First and most importantly, every single person we encountered was very friendly and had a smile on their face. We took advantage of the FREE continental breakfast everyday, and the choice of breakfast items was really nice. They even have a waffle maker set up, and cups filled with batter and all you have to do is pour and cook. Great idea! They had cereal, yogurt, bagels, English muffins, hard boiled eggs, etc. the most enjoyable part of breakfast were the "breakfast girls" , Jessica, Lindsay, and Melissa. The moment you walk in, they great you a good morning, and were super friendly. They were constantly working with smiles on their faces. I would also like to mention Holly at the front desk. She was very helpful when I couldn't figure out how to print my boarding pass and when I checked out.
The room itself was nice with a great view of the river. The housekeepers were also great. Miss. Doe was super nice and did a great job cleaning.
Thank you for a wonderful stay.
Lori V.

Room Tip: We stayed on 3rd floor, but I think all the rooms have a good view of the river. Pillows were a litt...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
RiversideInn, General Manager at Riverside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2013

What incredibly kind words! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review. I couldn't agree with you more about the staff members mentioned – Jessica, Lydnsey, Melissa, and Doeanne – they're all fantastic assets to the hotel and I’m so happy you were able to meet all of them during your stay. I hope you had a safe trip home and find a reason to return at some point!

Best wishes,

Reviewed 19 September 2013

This is the third time we have stayed at The Riverside Inn, and we have recommended it to two different friends. This time we felt that it was badly in need of refurbishment. The location is ideal, but the room was sadly run down. Hope there are some plans to clean and update.

Room Tip: The third floor has the best views.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
RiversideInn, General Manager at Riverside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, I appreciate all feedback. Another thank you is in order for recommending us to your friends! Word of mouth is the best advertisement any business can ask for. I’m sorry to hear you weren't as pleased with your room as you have been on past stays. I tried to research what room you may have been in with just your profile information on Trip Advisor, but I think you must have been booked under a different name. I would be very grateful if you could contact me, either via phone or email, so we can discuss your stay and any advice you may have for us moving forward. Thank you again, and I do hope I can welcome you back in the future!

Take care,

Reviewed 19 September 2013

We stayed for 3 nights in June of 2013 and absolutely loved it. The room looked out over the Rogue River, and we could actually watch the Hellgate Jet Boats go by without even getting up from watching tv on the bed, lol. It rained off and on, but it didn't dampen the spirit of the jet boat passengers one bit. Staff was very nice, and we would definately stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your wonderful comments about your stay and the view from your room! I’m happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and that the staff took care of you. We’re looking forward to your return visit!

Best regards,

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Spent one night at the Riverside Inn over Labor Day Weekend in order to take the Hellgate Jet Boat (right next door, so convenient!) This place was a surprise - we had a great view of the river, a beautiful and spacious room, and a super friendly staff. And with tons more character than those chain hotels. The breakfast was just OK, but enough to get us started in the morning, waffles, bagels, yogurt, fruit, juice and coffee/tea. Grants Pass is a charming town, with some great restaurants and beautiful scenery. We will definitely return and stay at the Riverside!

1  Thank pancho29
RiversideInn, General Manager at Riverside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a nice review! Riverside Inn is very lucky to have the location right next to the banks of the Rogue River, and right next door the the Hellgate Jetboat Excursions and I’m very happy to took advantage of both! We pride ourselves on not being a “cookie cutter” style hotel like the chains can be, so I’m pleased that you took notice of this and appreciated it as well! Please stop by the next time you’re in Grants Pass, we’d love to have you back!

Until next time,

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Stayed for 1 week from 5th August, all staff absolutely amazing. After delays getting there with delayed and cancelled flights, along with changes to reservations for family and friends we couldnt have been made to feel more welcome and all the staff went out of their way to help us, so friendly, kind and accommodating.
Accomodation comfortable, clean, great views of the river. Will always stay here when visiting Grants Pass , a home from home. Cant wait to return.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms give better view of river.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

It was such a joy to welcome you back as well as meet some of your family! With all of the hurdles you faced with your trip, myself and the rest of the staff couldn't get over how happy and positive you all were – you were all beyond the perfect example of “making the best of it,” and I can’t say enough how much we hope you do find reason to come back to Grants Pass in the future!

My best regards,

Reviewed 5 September 2013

The Riverside Inn at Grants Pass,Oregon was a pleasant surprise. Every room has a nice veranda facing the Rogue River and is close enough to hear the water run down stream.The rooms are fresh and clean. Another big plus is that they are pet friendly. A fact "MOLLY" our dog didn't take lightly ! All in all a very peaceful experience.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
RiversideInn, General Manager at Riverside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2013

I’m very happy to hear that you and Molly enjoyed your room and being able to listen to the river going by! We know most properties are not pet-friendly, so we enjoy being able to offer guests a great room with a view of the river their pets can enjoy as well! The next time you’re through the area, please come back in so we have the pleasure of serving you again.

Many thanks for the kind review,