“Go to Sunrise Inn”

Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Grants Pass
Vista, California
“Go to Sunrise Inn”
Reviewed 4 July 2011

A small hotel with divine beds just down the street. No shampoo, fridge, etc. BUT soft towels, new beds, new upgraded sheets and comforters. Pool and really nice.

Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank lafenix

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Reviewed 24 June 2011

We stayed one night at the beginning of our trip and one at the end. The first night was a typical Motel 6 room, just enough room and tidy. The second stay we were booked into what was obviously an old and very tired room. It was smaller, no tub, only a shower stall. The shower looked like it had been years since it been cleaned or scrubbed so I wasn't comfortable using it. The people next door partied into the night and we tripped over beer cans and cigarette butts on our way out in the morning. The hotel grounds looked OK and the staff was helpful. If I stayed again, I would just ask for one of the better rooms. We received a senior rate of only $51.00 per night.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank lindlee1
Everett, WA
Reviewed 27 July 2009

The room was a typical no frills room. What do you really expect for the price? The pool was warm enough for me to go into with my children. It was the only pool I could get in all the way. Other pools on my trip were way too cold. We had a room close to the pool. It closes at 9:30 and opens at 9. Not a problem with noise keeping us awake or waking us up. There are fast food restaurants within walking distance and sit downs a short drive away. One big appeal to the property were the lovely rose bushes. They were everywhere. It was a touch that was greatly appreciated. The only strange thing was that my room smelled like doughnuts when I was near the bathroom

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank squirty1
S Puget Sound WA
Reviewed 19 June 2009

Noticed that the first review was graded wrong, my mistake. Correction to stars. Forgot to mark in the top grading area. Brand new to this. This place is a good stopover.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Gettysburg, PA
Reviewed 27 February 2009

I had a single King bed room, which was a nice size for one person. Was surprised at the size of the mini-fridge, bigger than I was used to and with a freezer area separate on top. Room had a microwave too. The room was pretty well lit, and the desk area nice and big to work on, with ample places to store stuff. Nice TV with cable.

On room cleanliness: Pretty clean sheets and bed, but not spotless. Very slight odor of cigarettes in the room, though it was non-smoking. It might've come from the A/C-Heater, which had a bit of dusty vents. The unit was in part of the ceiling in the back of the room, not your typical outside-wall one, but it cooled the room down well.

The bathroom was well-lit, clean, and a nice size. The shower is a standing shower area covered in glass. Water pressure and temperature were good, didn't get cold on me and no odd noises. There is no hair dryer, though..

Room service was a bit spotty, seemed to come randomly and other days not at all.

Wireless internet was NOT free (although it's not advertised as such either), so expect that. At the time, it was $2.99USD for an access card code that's good for 24 hours. Something to keep in mind when calculating price. It wasn't spectacular, as there were a few times it didn't work.

My room wasn't far from the pool, so there was noise of children and splashing. I was mostly up or out during the day and am otherwise a heavy sleeper, so this didn't bother me. If you're a light sleeper, you might want to request a 2nd floor room that isn't near the pool.

There's a good amount of parking all around the area, and good lighting. Felt pretty safe. Lots of families staying when I was there. There are fast food joints on pretty much every side of the area.

No problems at the front desk. I believe there are only vending machines up around the front desk area, but I could be wrong about that. Laundry facilities are behind there, have to go around outside to get there.

The pool looked clean and got a lot of use, but I didn't go in myself.

This is Motel is on my list of places to consider when coming back.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled solo
3 Thank BattousaiCV
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed 3 October 2007

There is a lot to like about this motel; the location is good, the pool is good and although the first room they offered us was dingy, the second room was very good. The only problem, and it's a big one, was noise! There was a couple in a room next to ours who, while not being particularly noisy, were making enough noise to keep my wife and I up most of the night. It's not that there were terribly loud, more that the walls are very thin. We won't stay there again - it doesn't matter how good everything else is if you can't get a good night's sleep.

Stayed August 2007
2 Thank BCSteve

Travellers are raving about these Grants Pass hotels

CA
Reviewed 28 May 2007

We stayed at the motel only for one night.We reached the motel around 8 pm in the night and left the next day early by 7.30am.We were given a room in the upstairs.As it was only for just a night there was not a big problem but there was no fridge,microwave ,iron box etc in the room.The receptionist was friendly.there was lots of space for parking and the atmosphere was good.The motel was in a location were we could find Pizza hut,Tacobell etc within a few mins walk.

• Liked — cleanlines.near by restaurants
  • Disliked — no amenities in the room like fridge,microwave etc for the price we paid
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple