“Nicer than some others in Oregon, but avoid the weekend”

Motel 6 Grants Pass
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Grants Pass
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I stayed in this Motel 6 twice - once for a Tues and Wed stay, and the second time on a Friday night. The difference was dramatic. The first time I had come in after midnight after being stranded on the freeway for 4 hours in a sudden snowstorm with big rigs blocking the road, so I was grateful for a hot shower and a warm bed in a quiet room, which is what I got.
The night clerk was polite and kind, and when I asked him for a quiet room, he was very nice about accomodating my request.
I was surprised to find there was no shampoo, shower gel, or tissues, only two tiny bars of soap, and a mimimum of towels, but the room looked clean, the bed was comfortable (mattress firm) and the room had it's own thermostat to adjust both the heat and the fan, which kept the room toasty warm in winter. The carpet however in one of the rooms, had several large dark brown stains on it, so I kept my socks on!
There is free coffee in the morning - but since I am not a coffee drinker, I brought my own tea bags to make tea. I was disappointed in that the hot water wasn't hot at all, but bathwater warm, and so I had to use water from my own water bottle, and trudge all the way downstairs to heat water in their microwave, which made me rush to make checkout. No biggee, but they should have water hot enough to brew tea with, since not everyone drinks coffee. There was no other food or beverages offered.
The second time I stayed there, they were at full capacity, with lots of young people and unsavory looking characters wandering all over; I was even "hit on" by one young man.
I asked at check in for a quiet room, and the unfriendly woman on the 3pm-11pm shift seemed a little annoyed and condescending at this request.
There was some noise from the couple in the room below me, so I called after 11pm to request a room change, and the new clerk - the same one from my first visit - was very pleasant and kindly offered me another room. I slept well in this other one, a bit away from the noisiest guests.
It seems that it's "hit or miss" with the staff here - some professional, kind, and helpful, and others inattentive, bored, and unfriendly.
I would stay here again, because it's very inexpensive, and in a nicer location than many other Motel 6's, with a Fred Meyer a few minutes drive away, and many restaurants, even a library, not to mention all the other wonderful sights of Grants Pass.
I would not go on a Fri, Sat, or Sun night however, I'd always impress upon them the need for a quiet room, and I'd bring my own hot water pot for the room, along with my own jug of water, and some food, as all they have are candy and snack vending machines.

Room Tip: Request a quiet room, as the walls are somewhat thin, and if that room still is not actually quiet...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Jane S

Reviewed 25 February 2012

The little missus and I used to live in Grants Pass a couple of years ago and we return every year for business and to reconnect with old friends and family. During our last visit, we stayed at the motel 6 - we were very familiar with it and the way it has been maintained over the years. We were confident of what we'd get, too, and weren't suprised. The room we stayed in for three days was clean and quiet and the motel itself was well kept, As always, Motel 6 offers some of the most reasonable rates; particularly good when you find a location that is maintained and managed like this one.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tim L
Reviewed 9 October 2011

My expectations are from a a motel of this caliber are simple. Quiet and clean. This hotel gets a one star on both counts. There was literally two clumps of dark curly hair on the bathroom floor. Hair on the floor of the shower. And no joke...hair in the bed! I would have said the room was not cleaned from whoever stayed the day before, except the sheets on the bed were made. If the room was ever cleaned, it was a one star quality.

Secondly, it was very noisy. Like another reviewer said, its not like the people were that noisy, it was that the walls were super thin. It sounded almost like they were in the same room as me. Dingy, dirty and noisy.

I read some of the other reviews and its hard to believe they are rating the same place! What a dive.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rick g
Reviewed 14 September 2011

I've stayed at many Motel 6's -- but this one is one of the cleanest one's I've been to. Very quiet, and you will get a great night's sleep.

Good price, good sleep, great location off the I-5.
I'll stay here again in a heart beat!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Robert_VanCity
Reviewed 13 August 2011

Our room was a little below what we have experienced at other Motel 6's. Water damage and staining on walls in the bathroom. I am 5'9' and the toilet in the bathroom was made for someone much taller, I felt like a little kid with my feet dangling in the air. Bedding was clean but carpet was not even close to clean. Location is ok and easy to get to. Did not use it but pool looked nice. Very helpful, knowledgeable, and friendly lady at check-in.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 July 2011

A small hotel with divine beds just down the street. No shampoo, fridge, etc. BUT soft towels, new beds, new upgraded sheets and comforters. Pool and really nice.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank lafenix
Reviewed 24 June 2011

We stayed one night at the beginning of our trip and one at the end. The first night was a typical Motel 6 room, just enough room and tidy. The second stay we were booked into what was obviously an old and very tired room. It was smaller, no tub, only a shower stall. The shower looked like it had been years since it been cleaned or scrubbed so I wasn't comfortable using it. The people next door partied into the night and we tripped over beer cans and cigarette butts on our way out in the morning. The hotel grounds looked OK and the staff was helpful. If I stayed again, I would just ask for one of the better rooms. We received a senior rate of only $51.00 per night.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family