“Nice Quiet Place with a Nice Menu Selection”
Review of Rosso's Trattoria

Rosso's Trattoria
Ranked #56 of 213 Restaurants in Grants Pass
Price range: US$4 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Awesome Italian creations and sinful desserts I would only expect in an urban five star restaurant. Small, quaint historic brick setting with classical jazz music and high back booths provide a private dining experience. No tableclothes here....more small town, family run and personal first name service. Can get busy.....but so worth any wait!
Reviewed 18 January 2014

We have eaten here several times this last year. Old, old building that has a pretty nice atmosphere. We had soup with our pasta meals and it was served in a cup, hot and tasty. Pasta was good, cooked correctly, however my Marinara Sauce was really thick and heavy and in excess. Flavor was okay but it tasted burnt, not the usual good flavor. Usually with Italian pasta I have to ask for extra sauce but in this case, as noted, way to much. Pasta was drained well, good job chef. We will continue to eat here because they have a good selection, however the prices seem to have in creased by $2 to $4 from our last visit last year. So our visits won't be as often as in the past. Waitress did an excellent job. Please appears clean. Restroom is tiny and right in the eating area so you can be heard! Thus you may want to use another restroom before your visit.

Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

This is a great find. We had great service and huge portions of remarkable food. The penne w Gorgonzola was just perfect. The spicey sausage penne was very good and reminded me of a meal I had in Florence. Service was casual but attentive and we were there at shift change. Desserts looked great but we were too full after eating 1/4 of our meals, which we took back to our hotel and ate w/ friends the next day. Charming atmosphere and clean. Read the other reviews from last March and I didn't see any of the troubles they had. Locals recommended this place and I can see why. Oh, get the Gorgonzola dressing on the salad - magnifico!

Reviewed 1 October 2013

I had southwestern black bean soup it was very tasteful ,however after I had consumed
a little over half the soup I had a strange object in my mouth...it was a one inch long metal
shaving apparently from a can. I brought this to the attention of my server and she said they have trouble with that can opener. Why didn't they get rid of the problem an also why didn't
they offer me another fresh . I paid for the meal... a class restaurant would have comped my meal
I paid for both meals and not even an apology.

Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

The place is cozy, the food and the service is warm and friendly. We stop here virtually every time we're on town. Love it!

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Small and intimate cozy restaurant. We live in Grants Pass and this is one of our favoirite places to have lunch or dinner. Menu has plenty of choices and the wine list has a nice wine selection. There are always specials to choose from on the blackboard including wine, desserts and a list of homemade soups too! ENJOY!

2  Thank Lisa L