“Surprised”

Add it.
Pho Sur
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 25 May 2012

I wasn't expecting much just from the look of the restaurant from the outside and location in a strip mall. My first surprise came after opening the door. The owners have transformed the atmosphere into a very nice upscale dining experience that includes a oyster bar. The service was topnotch. I was very surprised again by the prices on the menu...very reasonable. I chose the Beef Curry,$9.00 which I can say was probably the best ever at a restaurant. Not only the taste but the presentation. It was served in a bowl with the green curry sauce on the bottom circled by a ring of perfectly cooked fresh vegies with rice in the middle with slices of delicious grilled steak on the top. My husband chose one of the Pho noodle bowls. It came in a huge bowl with three kinds of meat,vegies and noodles, and tofu. We ended up taking alot home there was so much. Can't wait to go back and try it again and share with friends.

Reviewed 10 April 2012

Our first visit to Pho Sur in Phoenix was a full of surprises.
The first thing I noticed when we walked through the door was the delightful scent of Thai basil. I felt sure we were going to have an enjoyable meal and I'm happy to say, I was not disappointed

They offer a exciting range of dishes from classic egg rolls and Kung Pao Chicken to the more unusual Salmon with Red Curry and Stir fried Meat Balls with Jalapeno and basil. I decided to try their general Tao's Chicken, When the still sizzling dish arrived at our table I was delighted to see the chicken served on a bed of fresh greens - the breading was light and crispy and the sauce was hot and flavorful. Best of all the portion was perfect. Not too big nor too small.

My wife choose the Mongolian beef - the beef was tender and very flavorful and the vegetables crisp and not over cooked. Both dishes came with a side of rice.

The best surprise of the evening were the prices. Most items on the menu are $8. The most expensive thing on the menu is their seafood combo at $12. We were able to feed four adults for under $40 including tip. A big plus in this economy.

We will be back. In fact we are making it our mission to try everything on their menu. Stay tuned for more!!