“On The Rivers”

Price range: US$9 - US$38
Cuisines: American
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the River's Edge! The River's Edge restaurant features fantastic river views from every table! A wonderful atmosphere turns your dining experience into one you not only won't forget, but will continue to make reoccurring! Come and enjoy great food, great scenery, and great people at great prices! We guarantee you will love our food and your entire experience at the River's Edge! We look forward to serving you soon. Take comfort in our caring service, while you indulge in our exciting menu. We are pleased to offer a wide variety of wonderfully flavored favorites. Featuring seasonal ingredients, sourced locally in the Pacific Northwest.
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Food was good but not memorable. Beautiful views of Rogue River. Prices are way too high. Service was o.k.
Jane L.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Wonderful location above the Rogue river. Would recommend eating out on the deck, should the weather permit. Food was very good and the service was excellent

Reviewed 13 May 2014

The River's Edge is a unique restaurant on the banks of the beautiful Rogue River. It is one of two restaurants in town where one can dine outside while overlooking the river. That makes the location very special. The decor is also very nice and upscale making it the only place overlooking the river for fine dining.

The real issue with this restaurant is the spotty service. At this point three times in a row. The first time it was just slow. Slow for someone to take the drink order, slow for someone to take a dinner order and basically inattentive throughout dinner. After our dinner arrived that time our waiter didn't ever come back to our table until some time after we had finished. Every restaurant gets a pass on the first bad service. Maybe the waiter was having a bad night.

Then we went again in about early March 2014 and it was over half an hour before we got waited on. I ended up going to the bar to get water and order a glass of wine for my wife and I. Then it was an incredible amount of time from when we ordered to when the salad arrived. The excuse was that a chef didn't show up. The rest of the evening went similarly. Dinner took over two hours. No dessert, nothing special and I think we went to the bar and ended up getting all of our own drinks. I was kind of shocked. I mentioned these issues to the hostess but not sure she took anything serious. There was an older couple that were seated but got up and walked out because it was taking so long for someone to take their order.

OK so normally I wouldn't go back after such experiences but since this is such a good location and there are so few nice restaurants in town I went ahead and made reservations for Mother's day brunch. There was going to be a buffet so I figured service wouldn't be an issue. We showed up about 30 minutes early. I told the young hostess the name and number in our party. She looked confused then asked me if it was under a different name. "No" I say. She asks us to wait. About 20 minutes go by and she asks us if a particular table in a room off the entry would work. Sure. Been in there on prior occasions with the extended family. She says the party in that room is about to leave. They are acquaintances and I see them leave. Then we wait. Nearly an hour after we arrive the hostess comes up and says that they couldn't find our reservation, the amount of food they order is based upon the number of reservations so they do not have enough food for our party. OK, so we knew that they hadn't taken the reservation properly an hour earlier when we checked in and if the case was that based upon that they didn't have enough food then WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD THEY HUM AND HA FOR AN HOUR BEFORE SAYING THAT.

. . . and then just walking away.

No "Wow, we are so sorry for this but there is just nothing we can do."

So at this point my hope is that the restaurant gets some new management.

4  Thank Matthew G
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We took a friend there for a going away dinner and now she doesn't want to leave. We were there the evening after Mother's Day and although there weren't many customers there was a full staff. Our 3 selections were rack of lamb, sauteed scallops and beef filet. Everything was wonderfully presented and delicious. Restaurant is located right next to and overlooking the Rogue River, which gives a splendid backdrop for viewing and dining. We will definitely go back again.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

On our way from Calistoga to Seattle, we stopped here for lunch. The weather was very nice and we dined out on the patio overlooking the river. The menu offers a good variety of lunch items. I had the Prime Rib sandwich with garlic fries and it was really good! The ambiance inside is very pretty also if you want a more formal dining experience. :)