“Could not have been better!”
Review of Weasku Inn

Weasku Inn
Ranked #1 of 15 Grants Pass B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

The places was great from beginning to end. All the way from making the reservation with Edie to checking out with Jesse. They were both very nice and friendly and made you feel like you where coming home. The cabin was well taken care of housekeeping Karen and Sherri was very accommodating with our schedule. They made sure everything was in its place. Thank you for a wonderful memory. We will be back!

• Stayed: October 2013

Reviewed 18 November 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Weaku Inn for one wonderful, relaxing night! We had never stayed here before, so we didn't know what to expect. Let me just say that all our expectations were met, and then some! The staff at the Weasku Inn are extremely helpful & friendly. It started from the moment I booked our room. Eadie was very professional, friendly and thorough. She called me back promptly after I had questions about my reservation. Jesse who worked at the front desk when we arrived, was also very friendly, outgoing & helpful. I wanted to see the rooms where Walt Disney and Clark Gable stayed, so he gave us the keys and let us take a peek since they were not occupied. Jesse also talked to us about local restaurants and differnet things to do in the area. When we arrived in our room, there was a bottle of wine (complimentary). The room was picture perfect! A log cabin style with a stone fireplace. We were pleasantly surprised to see a wood burning fireplace instead of one with fake logs & gas. The jacuzzi tub was amazing and the bed was most comfortable. The room was immaculate and we felt very comfortable, like it was our home. The ladies who make the appetizers & breakfast were also very friendly and helpful. I thought the appetizers were very good, with a really nice variety. You can also get fresh baked cookies at night, but we missed them! Breakfast the next day also had a nice variety of items. We will definitly be coming back! We hope to make it at leat once every six months and stay in the same cabin. Very peaceful and beautiful. You feel like you are far away in the woods, you can't get much better than the Weasku Inn!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Wanted a nice place to stay with my husband and 6 year old grandson. This place exceeded my expectations. From my 1st call to ask a few questions to check-out, everyone was friendly, helpful and made me feel like I was the only guest there. The young man who was at the front desk when we checked in (at 1230) was very accommodating and got us checked in early. He provided lots of info about the lodge and local attractions. The cabin was warm and cozy with a fireplace and porch looking out to the rogue river. The room was very quiet and the bed was like sleeping on a cloud. The grounds were absolutely breath taking with walking trails through the trees with beautiful fall colors. Breakfast in the morning was way more than the standard continental at most places. There were lots of options from biscuits and gravy to the waffle bar, fresh fruit, yogurt and more. Afternoon appetizers were offered in the old age with option to purchase beer or wine. Evening fresh baked cookies and milk were a high point for my grandson. We enjoyed them while playing games in front of the fire at the main lodge. Nancy and zackey were wonderful, making sure we had everything we needed or wanted and filling us in on the history of the lodge. I could go on and on, I will definitely return to this wonderful lodge the next time we visit oregon. Hopefully in the spring or summer.

Room Tip: The cabins were very private and cozy. Highly recommend them.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Could not say enough good things about this place. Even better than I had hoped. Charming, comfortable, clean... like going back in time in the most excellent way. The Weasku was a retreat and reprieve from the stress of life. I didn't want to leave. All those working at the Inn were kind, considerate, helpful... Quality in everything. Just knowing this place exists on the Rogue River is a comfort to me. I cannot wait for a time when we can go back. My husband felt the same way. The breakfast, appetizers and evening milk and cookies were exceptional as well. Bravo! Keep up the good work. Hope to see you again.

Room Tip: loved # 21 cabin with a King-- quiet and serene-- with a lovely porch and ricking chairs
1  Thank londonna
Reviewed 25 October 2013

October 24: Needed a place to stay on a drive from Seattle to San Francisco and Trip Advisor ratings for this were almost all excellent. It's 4 miles off the Grants Pass exit. Originally a log cabin lodge in the 20' and 30's that Clark Gable, Carol Lombard and Walt Disney frequented (although not together), and the new owners (about 20 years ago) have built 5 more cabins. The main lodge is only about 50 feet off the road so there is some noise, but the cabins are several hundred feet back on beautiful grounds with 100+ foot trees and pathways. The cabins look at the Rogue River, but are still about 100 feet from the river. You can walk down to the river, and wave at the boaters and fishermen who go by (we saw just one boat), and there is a 2 1/2 mile walkway parallel to the river between cabins and the river. It's fairly flat, a little rocky in spots but makes for a great morning or evening walk. So the setting is very unique and delightful if you like nature.

We had cabin 18 which was very large room with a fireplace and private deck. High ceiling and cabin-like furniture, all very good quality. Bed was very comfortable. Bathroom was large, double sinks and well laid out. Definitely needs a new shower head, however. Room was very quiet, heat worked well, with separate units for main room and bathroom, which came in handy on a chilly night. TV was small and in an awkward spot but you shouldn't be watching TV at this location.

Free breakfast in the lodge was outstanding. Other than eggs-to-order, it had everything, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, waffles, fruit, excellent coffee, served 7:30 - 11:00 for those who wanted to relax and take a morning walk as we did.

If travel takes us back this way we will definitely be back. Not cheap at $179, but they give a 25% off coupon with no expiration, and it's such a great setting that it's worth it.

The people are super. Zackie, yes "Zackie" was great at the desk and very helpful for reservations. Nancy who hosted the evening happy hour and breakfast was very friendly and welcoming.

Room Tip: I would get a cabin, mostly to reduce the road noise, but rooms in the main lodge are probably nice.
1  Thank DrWillie
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Booked this room late in the evening on a drive from the Bay Area to Portland. We stayed in a cabin on the river and we loved this room. It was clean well appointed and charming. It had a gas wood burning fireplace, sitting area with big comfy chairs, table and chairs for dining and a jacuzzi tub in the huge bathroom. Windows everywhere to enjoy the view!!!! It was a beautiful fall weekend and I won't soon forget this gorgeous setting. It's 4 miles off the freeway but you feel like your in another world. The staff is friendly and extremely accommodating I loved everything about this place! The cookies and milk in the evening were pretty fantastic. The only suggestion I would have is to offer some additional choices at breakfast such as oatmeal and some kind of breakfast meat. What they did have was good but with special food needs (no dairy) choices were limited. I will be back very soon I loved this place!!!

Room Tip: Anywhere you stay will be fantastic but the river view cabins are very romantic and special
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We stayed at the Weasku Inn for 2 nights in August 2013 and loved it. The staff were so cordial and helpful. This was an anniversary trip and we absolutely loved being on the river, our beautiful cabin was so cozy and comfortable with the fireplace and lovely deck. We will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple