“Enjoyable lunch stop”

Ranked #25 of 204 Restaurants in Grants Pass
Price range: US$7 - US$24
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Cozy tavern style bistro with fresh food and great drinks. Lunch, Happy Hour, Dinner. Serving only local NW beef from sustainable & free range ranches; Double R Ranch & Snake River Farms of Idaho. Great burgers, steak, seared ahi, halibut + house smoked turkey, pork & brisket. Fondue & Brew Night (1st Tuesday), Whiskey Wednesday & Wine specials (3rd Wednesday), Jazz Night (usually a Sat) + live music & local art.
Portland, OR
“Enjoyable lunch stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

We had our dog with us and were able to have a table outside and they brought a cute doggie bowl for her when they brought our water. Not sure able the dawg grog that was advertised on the card on the table; her bowl was filled with water.
I had the Vietnamese steak sandwich with sweet potato fries. My only complaint would be that I thought the portion of fries could have been more generous because they were so good. The pieces of steak were very flavorful and tender.
My husband enjoyed the Jamaican jerk burger with a bowl of the Zuppa Toscana which he thought both were excellent. Our waitress was helpful in making decisions and checked in to make sure everything was tasting good.

• Visited August 2014
Jill D, Owner at The Bohemian Bar and Bistro, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Thank you for stopping by the Bohemian Bar & Bistro and also for the review, which is always helpful to the small establishment. And regarding the "Dawg Grog" the note says that it is "available" but should probably say "available for purchase". Sorry for the misunderstanding and happy travels!
Jill

“Try the steak bites!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

I have been here a few times and am never disappointed. Sure they get busy sometimes and you may have to wait a little while, but the bartenders will create a drink for you if you don't know what to have and the food is really good. I think the bohemian and the Laughing Clam are similar in some ways so if you like one, you will likely like the other too. The steak bites are really good. I normally don;t like wasabi, but the tone it down so it isn't as pungent and it tastes really good. I could eat this meal every day!

• Visited June 2014
“A fun evening!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

We met friends here last night for an early dinner and were surprised at how crowded it was so early in the evening. Gabriel was our waiter and he was delightful. He brought out samples of wine when we couldn't decide which to choose. The guys had the steak, with your choice of sauces, which was good, I had the ahi tuna burger which I loved but the bun was cold, like refrigerator cold. It came with a nice salad or choice of fries, (or slaw?). I would have this again maybe just ask them to warm or toast the bun. My friend had the halibut which is what I usually order and it was to die for. Word of caution their house Chardonnay is terrible, it is "Swallow". I'd love to make joke about that but I will spare you. I wish they could find another good cheaper label. Go for the more expensive one ~$9.00. Thanks again Gabriel for a fun evening!

• Visited March 2014
thebohemianbar, Owner at The Bohemian Bar and Bistro, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thank you for your review. The bun definitely should have been warm and will be! And Gabe is a great staff member. We're happy you had a good time & great service. I agree with you on the house chardonnay and we do have 2 new chardonnays going on to the list; Radius (WA) and Serra Vineyards (right here in the Applegate). We will be happy to have you taste both the next time you are in. Thank you again for your feedback...
Jill Dini
The Bohemian Bar & Bistro
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellence!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

I couldn't believe we haven't been here before. The food is amazing! We loved the atmosphere also. My husband and I ordered the Clams and peppercorn steak--YUM! We will absolutely be back. We to thought the music might be a little louder then it should have been, but like mentioned before it quieted down right when the talented artist came on stage.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank JennyJango
London, United Kingdom
“MY BEST EVER”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

This bar is possibly the best food and drinks i have incounterd :) amazing ! havent lived until you have visited

• Visited November 2013