“Good Show”

22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Good Show”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

One of the better theaters in the Rogue Valley. The best part is that you can park close to the entrance rather than way across a parking lot. Like most theaters, the sound is turned up way too loud, and the food and drinks are way too expensive.

Visited April 2014

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Accommodating Business”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We like there expansion remodel. They respond to customer requests. They have always allowed a refill on a large popcorn and now they do the same on a large soda. Nice touch. By joining the Rewards Club, you can earn discounts and free movie tickets. On a fixed budget it all adds up. Thanks.

Visited May 2014
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Movie theatre!”
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Very nice movie theatre. Plenty of rooms and movies going on, the tickets and food/drink are very expensive. So I would suggest that you eat and drink before you go!! Overall it is a clean and friendly environment.

Grants Pass, OR
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Nice theatre”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Comfortable seats and all the latest movies. Wide variety of movies with many theatres going at all times. Food is expensive but what theatre isn't the same. Senior discounts on tickets.

Visited March 2014
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Random, discriminatory searches of purses.”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We've been regular customers at this theater since it opened. Yesterday, right after I'd been to the concession stand and ticket counter WITH my husband, I went back out to get myself a drink and snack and was rudely asked if they could search my purse, both at the concession stand at where they take your ticket... By the same two little guys who had just dealt with us as a couple. I'm most upset that they had the nerve to ask, secondly that they were so rude about it, and third that they lacked the guts to do it until I was alone. We had just spent about $25 on snacks... What exactly did they think I was smuggling in? As a terminal cancer patient, I carry medical equipment and meds that are not the business of some pubescent popcorn peddler at the movie theater, so I absolutely refused, since they have no legal right to search my purse. They informed me that they could ask me to leave for refusing, but they didn't dare.

When I told my husband what happened, he spoke to a manager who claimed they're doing it because people have been smuggling alcohol in.

Well, a couple tips for the amateurs at Southgate:
#1 You let bottled water in. Pretty easy to fill a water bottle with booze and get it past you super sleuths if people want to.
#2 I didn't see ANY other person asked to be searched, and in the bathroom I asked about a half dozen other female patrons with bags as big as mine if they were asked and they all said no.

Rude. They've lost us to Tinseltown. I'd rather spend the extra money in gas than keep this place in business if this is how they treat customers.

Visited March 2014