“Spiders in the tub!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Grants Pass
Jackson, Ohio
“Spiders in the tub!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

We found this place in the AAA Oregon Tour book, so you would think it would be highly approved. However, the first room we were given had spiders in the tub and the tv did not work either with or without the remote. Very old-fashioned rooms, beds and furnishings. Upon complaining, we were given another room which worked out for the night. The owners were not American and they provided two different kinds of muffins and apple juice for breakfast in their office. No breakfast room. Would never stay there again.

Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Itraveldou

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2011

This place is not recommened and next time I'm in Grant Pass I'd rather spend some more money and stay in a nice clean place. On top of being of third category, the people at the front desk don't have any clue as to how to treat guests. In the morning when we went to the psedudo-lobby for coffee there was no coffee, and after ringing the bell a girl 20 somtehing girl in pajamasand bare feet -the daughter of the owners or wife- showed up and prepared some coffee. The room smelled old and it was not very clean...and it looked rather depressing.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
8 Thank noroeste62

Travellers are raving about these Grants Pass hotels

Oregon City, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2010

when we got into the room it had a pet odor,and it went downhill from there, my husband actually found a bobby pin on the floor by the bed. this made us nervous that the room had not been cleaned to any kind of decent expectation anyone would have had about the appropriate cleaning of a motel/hotel room. when my husband entered the bathroom he was not happy about any obvious hole in the wall that had a very substand patch job done and it had not even been painted over I was very upset about the obvious lack of cleaning done to the room, I had driven 230 miles to get here, just to be sickened by the room's condition. we were late to the birthday party because i took the time to call the office. a man answere and told me he was the manager. i was nice but i
told him my concerns. he did not offer to have it cleaned or put us in another room. I did not have the time to argue the point with him so my husband used the soap and one towel and we had to leave to attend the family function. when i had told the manager the problems he asked what i wanted him to do?

I would have expected the offers i just mentioned,but sadly that was not the case. we were gone for four hours and when we returned the bobby pin was still there!, at this point we were so disgusted, we grabbed our things and left the key in the office drop box, and left. what a nightmare!

The next day I called the Best Way Inn, and unfortunately got the same guy, I guess he is the manager, how unfortunate. I do not see how they stay in business. Perhaps, when others have had this problem, he stonewalls them telling other people who want to know who to complain to the same things he has told me. When i asked who his superiors are he refused to tell me, just saying it is an LLC, so i asked if i could have the number of the LLC. the manager said there was no number or address he could give me, and that he is the only one who takes care of problems. This has left me no recourse but to file a complaint with the better business bureau. which i am doing.
Recommendation? Do Not Stay Here! It is unclean, rude management, you decide.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple