“I seldom take time to comment but this place was pleasant.”

Bestway Inn Grants Pass
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Grants Pass
Reviewed 8 July 2012

I visit my family in Grants Pass 2 or more times a year but this is the first time I tried thiis place. I just need a place to shower and sleep for a few nights. This place was clean, quiet, afforadable and had good breakfast choices even if the breakfast room/lobby was tiny. No bugs in my room that had nice paint and clean walls. Limited space for suitcase & hanging clothes (6 hangers) but 6 large drawers for unpacking if you are going to stay more then one night. The room's A/C - Heater worked good. Room smelled OK, like any room that had been closed all day but no lingering oder and the A/C freshened it quickly. My bathroom had new sink & shower fixtures and plenty of hot water. I'm certain I met Eric & Susan from SFO in the parking lot one morning and we all commented on the quality of the place. Easy to find off I-5 on the left side of 6th Street at Savage Street, about 4 to 8 blocks from I-5. Follow 6th street right into downtown to shop, hit Bilnd George's on G street for popcorn & newspapers from everywhere, or continue on 6th a few blocks further, on the left, and go crazy shopping for kitchen-everything stuff, continue to the river get a jet boat ride.
-OH YA- nice motel. Got carried away there.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank buckhorndrunk
There are newer reviews for Bestway Inn Grants Pass

Reviewed 5 July 2012

well unlike jb, we dont have bed bugs. we were just at motel 6 and that place sucked. our experience ( wife and I ) here has been so amazing. Its quiet, no tweekers or riff raff, clean nice rooms internet works killer. your stuff is safe here. i am not worried about our brand new truck... its parked right in front of our room. I personally like the manager barry..its nice here, and i am not at this moment experiencing what some of the others have experienced.. great price, great waffles, bananas, juice, coffee.. we went in at 7:30 and coffee was ready and everything looking great! bed bugs do suck and room 29 i know for sure does not have them... one thing about staying a places such as these, for me security is paramount, we have valuable things in our room and i feel 100% safe that it will not be stolen...you get a small fridge and micro as well.... all of these things really made want to write this review in the hopes of 1) supporting the local economy...(motel 6 is not going to miss my business) 2) that it will help them stay open... and finally, if I was ever in grants pass and needed a place to stay, i would definitely come here first... hope this helped.. cheers

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank erik and susan S
Reviewed 4 July 2012

I reserved a room for six nights and only stayed one. Unfortunately, I did not notice the room was crawling with bugs until the middle of the second night. I noticed one on the sheet. I then pulled up the comforter where I found two more. At this point I was mortified. I pulled the mattress away from the headboard to find more on top of the box spring in the crevice of the cording. I immediately packed my belongings, shut the door, and woke the manager. I brought him three smashed bugs in a napkin and asked for my money back. He did refund me my money and didn't charge me a cancellation fee, but that is the only nice thing I have to say about my stay at the Bestway Inn.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
8  Thank J B
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Quiet, calm, friendly place to stay! What more can you ask for? Very nice small
family owners/managers that we talked with a long time. Palm trees outside (maybe the last ones we will see for awhile driving north back to Spokane, WA). Clean, big glass windows, nice hot
showers. Free breakfast included waffles, cereal, bars, fruit, emergenC packs! We will definitely come back!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Adrian B
Reviewed 26 May 2012 via mobile

Kind, warm innkeeper, bed was excellent, slept like a baby. Inn was full and never heard a noise. Friendly atmosphere and we felt very safe. Had fun in the tiny breakfast room, they had vitamin C and Cliff bars.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank 040911
Reviewed 11 May 2012

This is a small 1950's motel. You can park right by your room, no stairs to drag your luggage up and the staff is really nice. The motel has been totally renavated and it is clean, clean clean. We used to stay in places like this when I traveled with my folks back in the day. I enjoyed my walk down memory lane and it was all for a very reasonalbe price.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank redbirdgirl1965
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We were returning up north after spending time along the coast. We decided to spend the night in Grants Pass. The manager, Barry, checked us in. The room was clean and adequate with frig,, microwave, and coffee maker, and ample linen. While driving around Grants Pass, we had a car accident which made our vehicle undriveable. We were stranded and talked to Barry about what we could do. He went way beyond anything we expected by calling around until he was able to arrange a car for us so we could get back home.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends