“Old hotel”

Bestway Inn Grants Pass
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Grants Pass
Reviewed 2 August 2014

This is an old, drive up motel. It needs a major makeover. There was not a coffee pot in the room. The breakfast room had one table/two chairs with a very limited menu. While the bathroom was large, the shower was very small. We found that we would arrive late. I called the hotel to let them know the approximate arrival time and the room was held for us.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 63douglasb

Reviewed 22 July 2014

This is a great little hotel. I was staying at the Best Western 2 miles away and paying $50+ more dollars a night with less amenities,minus an overcrowded pool shared between 2 hotels, and a little better breakfast.
This is a budget hotel. But the only budget part really is the price.
The breakfast is really minimal but there are a ton of choices in the area including a donut shop right across the street.
The beds are very comfortable kings with nice sheets and pillows. There are flat screen TVs in the rooms, quiet AC Units, a big fridge, and microwave. The bathrooms are small, but clean with newer tiled floors. Nice paint colors and furniture too.
The owner is really on it, and it shows here. He is a really nice guy and was very flexible with my fire crew as we were fighting fires in the area.
I highly recommend taking a look at this place if you want to save some $.
I have 3 young kids and would feel safe staying here, as other families were also staying at the hotel. Although I'm not sure what the other rooms have for beds...doubles? Etc...

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Paid $66 on a July weeknight, so a good value for Grant's Pass. Room and bath were very clean, the bed and pillows were comfortable. The room was brightly painted with a flat screen tv, fridge and microwave, but no coffee maker. Coffee is available in the office. Towels were thick and soft. There is a decent continental breakfast offered, no waffles as mentioned in earlier reviews. One problem was that when I took a shower at 7:30am there was no hot water, only warm and then no warm water to finish my shower. Overall a good older motel with bright, clean rooms and friendly manager/owner, but they need to upgrade their hot water heater.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank GTB-SFO
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I arrived late on a flight. Check in was quick and I was glad to get to my room. The hotel is older but........ it is very clean and the rooms are very well kept up, It had a nice flat screen TV, microwave and medium size room fridge. The linens and towels are clean and the room is cleaned daily. It is no the Marriott but if you want affordable, clean and good location near the center or town this is the place to go. If you are here to hike, raft and enjoy the outdoors and use your room as a home base, this is a great place to be! I would use this hotel again and recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Room #34 has a king size bed, small refrigerator and microwave. The wi-fi worked well. The bed was a little softer than home, but in good condition. This room was very clean. There was no mildew or mold in the bathroom, no fingerprints around doorways, and the room was cleaned each day. We stayed 3 nights while visiting cousins and experienced no problems with noise from other rooms. Overall a great value.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 April 2014

All things being relative this isn't the high end Marriott or anything. It is however a very clean and reasonably place to park for a night or even a short duration in the Grants Pass area. I had a discount coupon from one of the regional travel magazines. I checked the reviews here and they were overall positive. I got in somewhat late. Had to buzz at the door to get front desk but they came out quick enough. Got a room for me and my girlfriend for the night. They apparently upgraded us up to a room with two bedrooms, Fridge and Microwave. It was a very good room. Nothing terribly sexy but I thought it was clean and functional. The whole hotel to me seemed like a business they do indeed take pride in. Outside seemed very clean and well maintained. Inside was overall clean. I liked they had good sized LCD TV's. I expected crappy small ones that seem to come with a cheap hotel. although this place is indeed low price I wouldn't call it cheap. It is very good value for the dollar. They had a good working ice machine that came in handy to refill the cooler. Th front desk had "Breakfast" which mainly consisted of cold cereal and coffee. There are plenty of venues in the area you can walk to or short drive down the main strip.

Next day we were getting out a little late but the house keeper was ok with us. We were packing and getting out the door during the actual checkout time. What little interaction we had with staff was good. They were very cordial and genuinely nice.

I saw the comment about hard beds. They are not deep fluffy beds but by no means would I consider them hard. Firm could be adequate but the bed was perfectly fine to me and my girlfriend.

I would certainly recommend the place and would have no problems making a reservation for future stays in that area.

They seem to take people with pets. The area out front with grass asked people to take any dogs behind the hotel where they apparently have a dog run.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

A basic motel, off the interstate going into town. Indian Family run. Pleasant. It was not crouded when we were there. Quiet.Clean room. Although you could walk to a couple of restaurants &bars. Waffles for breakfast were better than average.

• Stayed: November 2013