“Great service!”

Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Grants Pass
Agness, Oregon
“Great service!”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed only one night at the Buona Sera Inn but were exceptionally pleased with our room and the great personal service. I received a phone call from John a couple of days later because I had left an item in the room. I cannot name one other hotel that would go this extra mile. My item is on it's way to me! The bed was quite comfy and a park for walking our dog was just a small walk away. I highly recommend this hotel for it's nice amenities, great personal service and location. The traffic noise was an issue for us only because we live in such a quiet location.

Room Tip: I would guess the farther away from the busy street the quieter the room. Ours was right next to the...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sandra M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Chatsworth, California
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Spent one night at the Buona Sera Inn. We were driving north from Los Angeles to Seattle. After 13 hours on the road, we knew it was time to find a place to spend the night. I remembered that Grants Pass is a nice town and we pulled off the freeway and called a few of the local motel establishments. The time was around 7pm at night. I had seen reviews on Trip Advisor for the Buona Sera and decided to give it a try. My niece and I needed two beds and the price was comparable to the other motels in the area, approximately $99.00 a night for two beds. If you only need one bed the rate is less. It's an older place that has been updated and theree are only a few units. Close to main street and the freeway entrances, but not so close that you hear noise. The managers were extremely friendly and helpful. They showed us where to park our truck and went in and turned on the AC and refrigerator for us and provided us extra towels. (Yes, the room has a refrigerator and a microwave). Each room has a cute name. We stayed in room 6 the Angels room. Upon entering the room we were pleasantly delighted. The room had two queen size beds with very nice bed frames. A table for eating and a flat screen TV. The beds were extremely comfortable with pretty bed linens. The bathroom has been updated. The shower worked nicely with plenty of hot water. This unit had hardwood flooring. We were both so pleased with this place and I would have stayed longer if we had not needed to be in Seattle the next day. I would highly recommend staying at the Buona Serra.

Room Tip: The area of town where we stayed was quiet. We didn't keep the AC on all night and did not wake...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Sand City, California
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

My son and I stayed at the Buona Sera Inn the night of Tuesday, May 27th, 2014. We each had our own room and the combined price with my AARP discount was about the same as one room at most hotels! John, as always, was very friendly and accommodating. I got a great night's sleep on what turned out to be a brand new bed! The room was quiet, clean, and uniquely, as well as beautifully, decorated.
I will always stay at the Buona Sera Inn whenever I stop in Grant's Pass, which will be often since it's halfway between our house and our son's house in Seattle, WA! In the morning we always head down the street for breakfast at the Powderhorn. If you just need coffee and a sweet roll, John has a nice setup for that in the lobby.

Stayed May 2014
San Diego, CA
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I remember staying in motels like this in the 1950’s and ‘60’s with my parents. The Inn is built in the form of a C with arms branching toward the street. The car sits right outside our door, so we can protect it. I like having a door to the outside, rather than walking down a hallway to exit.

Our double queen room had comfortable beds with carved wood headboards. Immaculately clean. Microwave and small refrigerator, table and chairs. When we told the kind owners Mardie and John that we wanted to prepare a meal, they loaned us dishes and silverware, etc. and we could eat outside under the office tent.

We spent the first evening with our hosts talking and sharing some cheese, wine and vegetables. They are the kind of innkeepers who truly ease the discomforts of travel, and make you feel at home. May they live long and prosper with this welcome old-school approach. Love it!

Room Tip: they have some kitchen suites, which we love. Rooms toward the busy road are obviously noisier.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Claudia H
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were traveling through grants pass on our motorcycle and found this great place through this app. They answered In English without having to press one now, very good directions. The rooms are done with attention to detail. Our was called Romantic garden. The owners went out of their way with rags to clean the motorcycle. Great place, service, quite, not expensive. Could
Not ask for more.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank wayne h
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This vintage motel certainly met our expectations. We spent three nights in this spotlessly clean and nicely appointed room...located only minutes from downtown Grants Pass.The owners went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. We will not hesitate to reccomend the Buena Sera to friends passing through Southern Oregon.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Chehalis
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We spent one night in this hotel. It is a small, family-owned property. The building is older, but the hotel is clean and comfortable. The owners have obviously worked really hard to make it nice. The bed was good, the bathroom was spotlessly clean. The office closes at 10 p.m., but we weren't going to be able to arrive until about midnight. They had us ring the bell and they came up and let us in. Very nice people! We talked to them a bit more in the morning when we were checking out and they are super-friendly. They understand what good customer service is. We will stay here again if we get back to Grants Pass.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple