“Convenient, affordable and clean”
Review of Knight's Inn Motel

Knight's Inn Motel
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Grants Pass
Reviewed 14 July 2013

The first thing that I noticed was that the management was very friendly and accommodating.
The room was clean with everything we needed.
The continental breakfast was pretty lame.. but there was hot coffee and cold milk.
We will stay there again when visiting family in Grants Pass.

Room Tip: Let the management choose.. they chose ours and it was good.. even on the bottom floor.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Debra H

Reviewed 17 April 2012

This was my second US motel experience, so the only comparator I had was the Flagship Motel in Ashland. On the plus side the Indian owner was very friendly; on the downside, the rooms had been cleaned with heavy duty disinfectant. We asked for a move, the second room smelled slightly less, but even after having the windows open all night, I woke up to the perfume of clean toilets.
The mattress was a dipper, we ended up in the middle. There was no 'duvet' if that term in used in the US, only a thin sheet and cheap blanket. So I was cold during the night and struggled to pull the heavy cover up which continually slipped off.

No coffee maker, but we had bought our own and were delighted to find a hot plate in the room; that is until the morning when we found it didn't work. The coffee provided for 'breakfast' was weak and insipid, the only offer of food was bran flakes; suggesting an irregularity of clientele.

I can only suggest that the delightful owner spends a night in Ashland at the afore mentioned hotel. In one visit he could learn how a motel should be run...and price was it was only £10 more expensive. The price of the Starbucks breakfast we had to purchase...

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JCroad
Reviewed 14 June 2011

Well I was going to Seattle and just needed a place to stay. It looked pretty good on the outside. 63 bucks not exactly a cheap place, I should have gotten the point when there were no cars in the parking lot near dusk.
I just wish I had not paid for the room before I saw it. It didn't smell well. The carpet was matted down. The furniture dated, the square tv fuzzy and the bed pretty soft. Oh well learned a lesson that people just shouldn't stay at Knights inns.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Lexzander
Reviewed 17 May 2011

It's not the Ritz, but it's a nice family run motel. It was clean, comfortable, roomy and a nice location in town, with a Safeway across the road. The TV has plenty of channels ( the owner even helped me find the channel for the 2 hour season final of "Survivor", I'm a major fan and couldn't bear to miss the final). I was there on a Sunday night, so it was reasonably quiet. I found the bed to be a bit too firm for my liking, but others might prefer that. However the shower made up for the that. It was the best I've come across for ages. Not too strong, not too weak, just a perfect even spray. And nice bathroom lighting too. There was also a fridge and microwave, but no coffeemaker in the room. Coffee is in the office.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kiwigirl59
Reviewed 26 September 2010

I'm sorry, but this motel won our "Worst" award in several categories. My expectations are not high. I need a clean room, with a comfortable bed and a quiet location. The room was not clean and included a few pubic hairs from the previous occupant(s). The bed was worn out and had a huge hole in the center causing us to slide into the center. We spent the night clinging to the edge of the bed. The pillows were so flat they were nearly non existant. The big trucks fired up outside our room at 5:30 am. The coffee in the lobby? I'm still not convinced that it was really coffee. Do they still sell chichory? I should have slept in the car.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dean H
Reviewed 30 March 2010

budget prices, clean rooms and courteous staff. You get what you pay for, don't expect boutique shampoos and large screen tv for 50-60 bucks a nite.
Totally serviceable for an overnight stay, walking distance to many eateries, Blondie's, Laughing Clam, etc. right in middle of town.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 August 2008

My fiance and I checked in about 10:00 p.m. The manager was extremely rude while checking us in. He gave us a big speach about who all will be in the room and no visitors. The room wasnt very clean we refused to even shower in the morning. This was the worst experience I have ever had. We paid almost 90.00 just to stay 11 hours. Will never stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business