“Semi annual Oregon trip.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Grants Pass
Redwood Hyperion Suites
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Grants Pass
Grass Valley, California
“Semi annual Oregon trip.”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

We've been customers of the Redwood for 20+ years. We've watched it expand and renovate throughout that time. It is always sparkling neat and clean.
We are there two times a year on family visits. I can't imanage staying somewhere else.
The landscaping is spectacular and the staff has always been very professional and friendly.
I recommend it to customers of mine that are travelling north on I-5 all the time.
We just returned yesterday and looking forward to our December visit.

Room Tip: We are a two some, but they have family suites for large groups. I'm not giving away my favorit...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Jeff A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Beatiful place to stay right in the heart of Grants Pass. Wonderful ammenities: pool, hot tub, swings for the kids, complimentary breakfast, workout room. Our suite was fantastic: clean and spacious and loved that there are refrigerators and microwaves in the rooms. It's the only place we stay when we visit the area.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank CClearwaters
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We had been driving for about 12 hrs and were tired and saw this motel it really nice from the outside. The staff( one lady and front desk) was very nice, I proceeded to ask if the motel was pet friendly and it was I then asked the price and was a little taken back, BUT we were very tired and just wanted to relax, when i opened the door to the room i was knocked over by the chemical smell the decor was VERY old, the room was clean i would hope so they used enough chemicals.I would not stay here again, the next day we found a Best Western the room was beautiful and very clean without the nasty smell. Steer clear of the Redwood unless you have alot of money to throw away. The town was very nasty LOTS of homeless every-where.

Room Tip: Way over priced for what you get the grounds are beautiful, but I was not sleeping outside.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank patricia s
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 5 June 2013

We had originally thought to stay at a place more highly recommended on tripadvisor. After looking around, we chose this place and were quite charmed. Room was large, though a little dark. Staff was helpful. Pool and hot tube were very inviting. Very pleasant gardens

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sacgrommet
Oregon
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I have a new favorite motel. I have always loved those those older motels built in the 40's that had been renovated, but if you don't share my taste, read on, because this property has the best of both- the single story, park your car in front of your door, beautifully restored original section, as well as a modern new wing called the Hyperion Suites, a two story section attractively done in a river theme perfect for this wonderful river town, and sprinkled liberally with waterfalls strewn about the property. Funny thing- I was here as a teen back in the 70's vacationing with my family and was impressed with this place back then because the then-owners cared enough to put home-like patterned sheets on all the beds, rather than the stark white ones in all other motels, and that personal detail stuck in my mind all these decades, and whenever I would pass by Redwood Motel since then, I saw that the property was always well-maintained, and more recently, I saw with satisfaction a transformation as the Hyperion Suites went up, and beautiful gardens began to add lush color to the yards. So when Boatnik week-end rolled around, I made a reservation with Nicole, who I ended up phoning a couple times later with questions, and she was always so friendly and so patient. We checked in and were cheerfully greeted by Naomi, and thus far we were 2 for 2 with wonderful staff, as Naomi was hospitality itself, and kind as could be. We checked into a room in the older, original wing (none of that new modern stuff for me- attractive as it was!) and all of us kind of just sighed as we walked in. It was very tastefully decorated, and IMMACULATE. Like I have said in other reviews, 2 of us are former hotel housekeepers, so we CHECK! My favorite part of the room was the tiny, wooded private patio, which I was told the owners were planning on enlarging. There was even a lovely wrought iron table and chair set out in the patio. There was a DVD player, which was great as we brought our Netflix movie, a fridge, micro for the s'mores,coffee maker, and plenty of towels, as well as the tiny shampoos etc in the separate sink area. Note- took me a second to realize they put your towels in a drawer rather than hanging them. (Actually, my daughter had to tell me where they were! Turns out teenagers really do know everything!) We were anxious to explore the property and I, being a flower lover, was delighted to find a beautifully landscaped garden full of roses, rhodies, lawns and a beautiful (HEATED!) pool and hot tub. There were even swings for the kiddies. (I did feel it prudent as a faithful trip advisor member just to test these out to make sure they were safe.) (They were.) I must give credit to the gardeners- the place was perfectly kept, not a blade of grass out of place, a pine needle would not dare to fall on the walkway, weeds are nonexistant. (I plan on bribing them to leave the Redwood Motel and come take care of my yard instead!) There is a pretty arbor leading from the from sidewalk into the yard, with 2 seats under and vines growing over the top. There were picnic tables on the lawn. The pool area had both chaise lounges as well as several tables and chairs. Blooming flowers abounded. (Is that a word?) There was a Fitness Room, and a laundry room with 2 washers and 2 dryers, and an ice machine. They provided a nice complimentary breakfast with frozen waffles,bagels, cereals, oatmeal, fruit, yogurt, pastries, hard-boiled eggs, juices. With the breakfast comes a very sweet young man who will provide you with whatever your heart desires. (Breakfast-wise, that is.) I picked out which room I will live in when I win the lottery and make the owners an offer they cannot refuse. Eventhough the Redwood Motel is on one of the main streets in town, I heard no traffic at night. I did hear the pitter patter of the little feet of the twins next door, but that is a motel for you. If you cannot abide any noise from your neighbors, rent a house instead! But if you do, you will miss out on a very delightful experience. When we settled in our room that evening and went to play our afore-mentioned Netflix movie, we ran into some difficulty using the DVD player and called Teona at the front desk. Now, the owners or whoever does the hiring deserves a medal for bringing this girl on board, and I'll tell you why. First call- Teona kindly attempted to solve our problem by phone. But me, being tecnologically inept, called again. She put up a sign proabaly saying something about having to step away from the desk for a moment to help some dufus with their DVD player, and came to help solve the issue in person. She was very patient. Earlier, she had mentioned she was getting ready to bake homemade cookies, and would we like her to give us a call when they came out of the oven? Would we! Me being the original Cookie Monster I jumped all over that offer! When a little bit later there was a knock on the door and there stood Tiona PERSONALLY DELIVERING warm-from-the-oven chocolate chip cookies, I almost wept. That gal should be nominated for sainthood. That was when I decided that wherever we travel, we will always stay at the Redwood Motel. Even if we are travelling out of state, we will drive back each night to stay at this motel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Makelifefun
San Diego, California
Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

Well maintained good looking property in the middle of town. We had a corner downstairs pet friendly room. Comfortable beds, nice sundries, towels were plusher than normal. Tiled floor with throw rugs made it perfect for our dog. Nice large pet area. Even gave Benny some biscuits. 2 Flat screen TV's. and the price was very reasonable. Would definitely stay again. Thanks.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank articmarine
Burlington, Washington
Reviewed 4 April 2013

While travelling through the area on business, it's been years since I actually overnighted in Grants Pass. I booked a night at the Redwood Hyperion Suites as my accout in town told me it was a nice place. Turned out, he was thinking about a different hotel that was located by the river. I was concerned when I pulled in as it's located between the two main roads going east and west through town, as well as there was construction going at the motel. Looks as though they are adding a new wing onto it on the east side. Turned out to be a great find as it was something different to the standard motel/hotel scene. I stayed in just their standard king room. The room was nice and big and the bed was very comfortable. Overall the room was very clean and tidy. While it's located near a busy road, I had no complaints about any traffic noise. The continental breakfast was pretty standard. The hotel grounds were very clean and nicely landscaped. I think their suites would be a great place to stay and I would stay there again. Also, since it was the first Friday of the month, there's an "arts?" walk in the old downtown area. Lots of people out bar hopping and it was a lot of fun!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business