“Terrific find for an unexpected 4-day stay”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Grants Pass
Redwood Hyperion Suites
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Grants Pass
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Halfway through a 600-mile trip down Interstate 5 on a Sunday, a stop for gas in Grants Pass led to a fender-bender accident I couldn't avoid and rendered my car barely driveable. The first 5 motels I checked out going down 6th street were concrete-block monstrosities, so I was pleasantly surprised to come across a very nice looking place with beautiful, well-manicured grounds. They had pet friendly rooms, and a gorgeous green lawn specifically for pet walking. The room was very comfortable and quiet, and the AC worked beautifully in the 100+ degree heat. Everything appeared to be squeaky clean, and I very much appreciated having the fridge with tiny freezer (though the freezer was in dire need of defrosting), microwave, hair dryer, ironing board and coffee maker. The pool/hot tub area was a little noisy, being right next to a 3-lane road, but was immaculately clean and felt wonderful in the incredible heat. With one exception, the staff were all terrifically helpful and nice. I had to stay for 4 nights all together, waiting for my car to be repaired. It was scheduled to be done "about 1 or 2" on Thursday, and I stopped in the lobby on Wednesday to see if I could schedule a later check-out time than the 11 am published time. I thought my circumstances were somewhat unique, and that I could possibly just be scheduled to be the last room cleaned so I wouldn't have to wait for 2+ hours in the heat with a small dog, but the woman I spoke to was actually quite rude in refusing my request. She wasn't friendly about it, or even polite, interrupted me as I even started to explain, and told me that I'd be charged over $70 for staying even 30 minutes past 11 am, and a full night's charge if I went past noon. She was fairly snotty in telling me that the only person who could approve such a thing was the manager, that I'd have to talk to the manager directly, and that the manager made an appearance, usually, only between 8 and 8:15 am. No offer to consider my unusual circumstances, or to give the manager a message -- just that I'd have to hang out in the lobby and wait for the manager to show and perhaps give me the blessing of staying an extra hour or two. Needless to say, that exchange -- after already having spent nearly $400 -- left a bad taste in my mouth for the whole experience. It's a very nice place, but some of the staff could use lessons in manners and handling special circumstances.

Room Tip: Room 1108 was perfect for pets -- private little concrete patio, closest to dog walking area, closes...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Redwood Hyperion Suites

Reviewed 25 September 2013

It was 98 degrees the day we were in Grants Pass. It had cooled down from 113,so they said. After a long hot drive this hotel was perfect. Set under redwood trees right on the main street to the Rogue River. Wonderful pool! Nice breakfast,reasonable large comfortable room. They have suites and are perfect for families or folks going early to the jet boat rides on the river. Chinese/American restaurant across the street is o.k. Huge portions!

Room Tip: The hotel takes up a square block. We were upstairs facing the pool and it was fine.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Seacliff23
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Well, for $150 I got the handicapped room. Not sure why, I did not request it. My impression is that it was like jail. Concrete floors that you might be able to have "an accident" on without complaint. It was really an insult. But, breakfast was decent.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2013

This motel is on the main street in Grants Pass, but is landscaped nicely and it has a good pool area. There is a nice lawn for pets as well. The pet-friendly rooms have tile floors, which makes it feel cleaner. There is a small rug the dog loved to lay on. Our room had a back patio with a couple of chairs in the shade. The king bed was a bit too soft for me; but probably is fine for many people.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I came back to this little town and visited the Redwood Hyperion Suites again, staying 3 nights. They have added 3 huge family unites that are absolutely beautiful and a new breakfast room. We sat by the pool in the cool of the evening and later sat up by a little fire place that has also been added. I cannot get over how this little place (not so little anymore) just keeps getting better. They have also changed their name from the Redwood Motel. The huge redwood trees that are on the grounds are beautiful. I recommend this place to stay..........you will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: this is right off of 5, very easy on and off access to the freeway
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Hi, I enjoy traveling with my pooch. These folks have a few rooms for pet owners. having floors that are ceramic tiled throughout really makes it easy to relax. some of the pet rooms have private fenced patios. Overall, an easy does it experience right in the heart of Grants Pass. Will always recomend this for all.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I booked the Coastal Suite for a one-night stay. The furnishings were quite nice, but only one of the closet doors would open, the tub grout needed to be replaced, the weatherstrip under the door was missing, and the room backed up to a busy 3-lane road. We heard cars zipping by all night. There was a big wet puddle on the floor by the shower, which I had to mop up when we arrived. Upon checkout, we were not "allowed" to leave the room key cards in the room, and I had to walk them in the dark at 4:30 a.m. to the lobby. Then the lobby was locked, and I had to walk around to a side window (she could have told me to walk there when we were on the phone). When I told the young woman that I have never stayed at a place that insisted that you walk the key cards to the lobby, she just replied, "Sorry, that is the way we do it". Then when I asked why she didn't direct me to the side window when on the phone, she said, "I thought you knew". Geez.

Room Tip: The Coastal Suite is very noisy and near the street; opt for rooms away from the street.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple