“Great pet friendly motel”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Grants Pass
Redwood Hyperion Suites
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Grants Pass
Vancouver, Washington
“Great pet friendly motel”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

This is a nice motel for travelers with dogs. The rooms are large with tile floors, attached enclosed patios & a large outside pet area. Microwave, small refrigerator, coffee maker. Nice flat screen TV. Nice free breakfast. I travel between Portland, OR & San Francisco, CA several times a year & always stay here.

Room Tip: I like Rm 1108.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Nancy P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Colorado Springs
Reviewed 6 January 2014

My wife & I stayed here while visiting family over the Christmas holidays.
The room was large, very clean, and a very good value.
The complementary breakfast had very few hot items, but was great overall.
Beautiful grounds.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
San Carlos, California
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I have stayed at the Redwood Hyperion Suites 4 times in the last 4 months while visiting my granddaughter in Grants Pass. The accommodations are great....and the staff is absolutely terrific...They are warm, friendly and always make my stay extra special....I will absolutely continue to stay at Redwood Hyperion Suites whenever I visit my granddaughter in Grants Pass. I absolutely highly recommend to everyone that this is where they should stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Florence, Oregon
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We stayed here for a week with our two dogs........ while waiting for our house to close in Grants Pass........beautiful property, no carpet, no headaches, really nice rooms for people with pets.......centrally located right in the middle of town. I can't say enough about how accommodating they are for people who have pets and need to avoid commercial frangrances and carpet deodorizers to avoid headaches!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent!
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Very clean rooms, complimentary breakfast and affordable off-peak room rate. Just minutes to walk to the centre of town. This was an ideal place to stop for the night whilst driving from Portland to Napa.

Bend, Oregon
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We loved our stay at the Redwood Suites. It was so clean and quiet. Love the extra ammenities and appliances too. Very Friendly Staff and very accomedating .... we will absolutely be staying again....

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Halfway through a 600-mile trip down Interstate 5 on a Sunday, a stop for gas in Grants Pass led to a fender-bender accident I couldn't avoid and rendered my car barely driveable. The first 5 motels I checked out going down 6th street were concrete-block monstrosities, so I was pleasantly surprised to come across a very nice looking place with beautiful, well-manicured grounds. They had pet friendly rooms, and a gorgeous green lawn specifically for pet walking. The room was very comfortable and quiet, and the AC worked beautifully in the 100+ degree heat. Everything appeared to be squeaky clean, and I very much appreciated having the fridge with tiny freezer (though the freezer was in dire need of defrosting), microwave, hair dryer, ironing board and coffee maker. The pool/hot tub area was a little noisy, being right next to a 3-lane road, but was immaculately clean and felt wonderful in the incredible heat. With one exception, the staff were all terrifically helpful and nice. I had to stay for 4 nights all together, waiting for my car to be repaired. It was scheduled to be done "about 1 or 2" on Thursday, and I stopped in the lobby on Wednesday to see if I could schedule a later check-out time than the 11 am published time. I thought my circumstances were somewhat unique, and that I could possibly just be scheduled to be the last room cleaned so I wouldn't have to wait for 2+ hours in the heat with a small dog, but the woman I spoke to was actually quite rude in refusing my request. She wasn't friendly about it, or even polite, interrupted me as I even started to explain, and told me that I'd be charged over $70 for staying even 30 minutes past 11 am, and a full night's charge if I went past noon. She was fairly snotty in telling me that the only person who could approve such a thing was the manager, that I'd have to talk to the manager directly, and that the manager made an appearance, usually, only between 8 and 8:15 am. No offer to consider my unusual circumstances, or to give the manager a message -- just that I'd have to hang out in the lobby and wait for the manager to show and perhaps give me the blessing of staying an extra hour or two. Needless to say, that exchange -- after already having spent nearly $400 -- left a bad taste in my mouth for the whole experience. It's a very nice place, but some of the staff could use lessons in manners and handling special circumstances.

Room Tip: Room 1108 was perfect for pets -- private little concrete patio, closest to dog walking area, closes...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo