“Nice hotel, not a great breakfast”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Grants Pass
Redwood Hyperion Suites
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Grants Pass
“Nice hotel, not a great breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here the night before leaving on a trail running trip with Orange Torpedo. I was pleasantly surprised by the size of our room. We had a king bed with a microwave and mini fridge. Our room was comfortable and nice. We didn't realize that breakfast came with the room rate so we weren't overly upset by the lack of choices for breakfast. They had toast, muffins and cold cereal. I wanted a hot breakfast so we ended up going down the street to eat.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

Visited over Memorial Day Weekend for Grants Pass' annual Boatnik festivities. This place is conveniently located in the heart of town and many places we visited were within walking distance. The remodeled breakfast room is very nice and offers a good variety of things to eat. The pool was the perfect temperature and the lounge chairs at the pool were new and very comfortable. I also appreciated the abundance of towels located at the pool for the guests to use. Checking in only took a few minutes and the front desk staff was very friendly. Our room was clean and we really enjoyed our time there. As far as I'm concerned, it's the ONLY place to stay when visiting Grants Pass, just make sure to make reservations first because it fills up quickly.

Room Tip: They have 2 bedroom suites with partial or even full kitchens, which are wonderful if traveling with...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Ashland, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

At check in two women acknowledged me. They were both speaking so fast I did not know what they said. I finally realized I was to read the rules and initial them. I lost comprehension due to the hotel staff talking and told one if them so. Her response to me was I'll read it to you. Wrong. My friend finally told them to be quiet. We are non -smokers and our room was next to the designated smoking space. Smoke came into our room along with loud voices. The next day I asked for a room change. The hotel was full. I was told to talk to Shelly about the problem for a partial refund. The desk person and I realized that is who I was complaining about. After my stay I called 3 times to talk with Shelly the General Manager. She has yet to return my phone call. A clean pleasant room does not get all my stars for a repeat visit v

• Stayed May 2014
Ferndale, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Kudos to the designer. To the person who chose the cotton quilts, and muted colors. There is nothing dated or tacky in this very old establishment. It has the charm of something well loved, and cared for. The pool area is beautiful. The staff were super friendly, and we thought highly of the breakfast. We are planning another stay there in June.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Tillamook, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

I would highly recommend this motel and the price was great. Beds wonderful., got a goods night rest.The shower and tub were wonderful, loved the shower head. It is very clean, very spacious and very quiet.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

This is the place we usually stay when in town. This trip we had a few things that we noticed during our stay. The bed was comfortable but it would squeek when we sat on it or moved around. It was pouring down rain and there was no down spout on the gutter out front of our room door, so the water was shooting out and splattering making a substantial amount of noise. Lastly, the front door to our room didn't close well and was noisy and you had to kind of slam it to get it to close. The choice of breakfast food is limited. The staff is friendly and the room itself was nice. Also the grounds are well kept and very appealing to the eye. We always go to the Chinese restaurant across the street. The food is always consistently good. As it turns out we will be moving back to the area and we would recommend friends or family to stay at The Redwood Motel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Grants pass
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

After checking out and receiving a fee for smoking In my room( I don't smoke) I called the hotel to have this charge reverses. I was transferred to the managers voice mail. Never receive a call back. I once again called to talk to the manager and was sent to the voice mail left a message and once again never received a call back. I will never return to this hotel

• Stayed October 2013