“Always the Best”

Matsukaze Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #37 of 214 Restaurants in Grants Pass
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Description: We are a family owned business since 1984. Serving high quality Japanese food such as Chicken and Beef Teriyaki, Tempura, Sukiyaki, Steaks & much more. FLOOR SEATING AVAILABLE!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I've been treating my family to dinners here for well over 5 years and we have always had great service, great food, and a great experience. There are always 4 to 6 of us and they always accommodate. The tempura is my favorite of any restaurant I've ever eaten in. Great value for the money too.

Jon T, Owner at Matsukaze Japanese Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thanks for the great review! We are so glad you enjoyed your experience.

Reviewed 17 May 2018

We recommend Matsukaze highly as they have a wonderful variety of tasty food and it is a great place to take friends and family

Thanks a lot! We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

I’ve eaten here my whole life. They have hands down the best teriyaki chicken, best steak teriyaki and miso soup, and best salads(and dressing). I was first introduced to tempura here and have yet to find better! Favorite place to eat in town!!!!! Always great service too!

Jon T, Owner at Matsukaze Japanese Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thanks! We appreciate the review and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 22 December 2017

We've eaten at Matsukaze for many years and it remains the same quality and good service today. We had a nice lunch here in December 2017. I tried the chicken with rice, salad and a savory dipping sauce. We shared some sushi and my husband had the Korean BBQ beef ribs with a salad. All were as delicious as ever. We both felt the salads had too much ginger dressing on them. They were soaked. We'd prefer less dressing or to have it on the side. I had iced tea and my husband had the hot green tea, both were perfect.

Our only "complaint" is they don't offer enough kinds of sushi anymore. We would like some variety. Also, I wish I could get hot jasmine tea, which is my favorite.

The service is top notch, the ambience is warm, friendly and well-decorated with modern Japanese art and tasteful furnishings. For a small restaurant, it seats a lot of people comfortably. One can even have the traditional "floor" level tables if one desires. Also, beer and wine is available if you wish.

We will keep coming back here for lunch while we run errancs in Grants Pass.

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

I have been here before. This time it was a disappointment to say the least. There were three of us and our bill was about $190.00. Def not worth it!!!
The sushi was ok.... the rolls were awful.
I will not be going back..

1  Thank Tami D