“A wonderful hotel and the super staff a must stay for anyone in ORE.”

The Lodge at Riverside
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Grants Pass
Clearwater, Florida
“A wonderful hotel and the super staff a must stay for anyone in ORE.”
Reviewed 29 March 2011

Let me start with the room, it was a large room, clean and quite. The beds were comfortable. But that not why I'm taking the time to write, it's the staff, Brian, Pam and Amanda. I travel a lot, and i stay in a lot of hotels, but I 've never been so impressed with the staff. I felt like they were there just to wait on my family. I was there with my 5 sisters to surprise my father on his 76th birthday. We rented a room in there restaurant . When we came back to the hotel, they wanted to know all about it, they were so sincere , at breakfast, The staff was there waiting to serve us with smiles on there face. I know they are like this with everyone who stays there because I watched them with others, in fact , the staff has us all, visiting like we were long lost friends. If you want to feel special the lodge is a must stay. My sisters and i will be back, not all at once, but we all agree Brian, Pam and Amanda will be seeing us again. thank you

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 22 March 2011

We arrived late in Grants Pass and drove past The Lodge- I immediately saw the log cabin in front of The Lodge with the river right behind it. We stopped and were professionally and very kindly met by Brian. Brian then welcomed us with milk and home made chocolate chip cookies. From the very beginning of our stay Brian met all of our needs with a smile. He answered all of our questions (which we had many about the area), he brought us breakfast to our room and when we ate in the lobby the next day he assisted us with anything we needed (from extra syrup for our home made waffle- to butter and more fruit juice). The room was gorgeous- we looked out onto a tree covered pool/spa with the river and a gorgeous park just behind that. The beds were just as comfortable as home and we slept so great! The maids cleaned our room perfectly everyday too!! I could not have been more pleased with everything!! The breakfast (included) were full breakfasts- with all kinds of fruit juices/teas/coffee/hot chocolate/apple cider, cereal- biscuits and great gravy- waffles- bagels- and yummy home made cinnamon rolls (you must have one!)- we never made it back in time (we were out exploring the amazing area) for the cheese and wine but heard it was great too!- Please management take notice of Brian- he really made the stay perfect~~

Oceano
Reviewed 15 March 2011

I stayed in this hotel with many extended family members while attending a family wedding. The entire experience was wonderful with a terrific Lodge host, Brian, and his helper, Pam, seeing to our every hospitality need. We loved the breakfast bar, wine tasting and milk and cookie eves. Terrific food and amazing service. The staff wanted to do everything possible to make our stay as nice as possible. I had my 88-year-old father with me, and the staff went out of their way to make sure that Dad had everything he needed. Your handicap room was perfect for him. I will definitely plan on staying at this hotel during my subsequent trips to visit family in the Grants Pass area. This is one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 10 March 2011

Nice folks, comfortable, stayed more than a few times.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 7 March 2011

From the woodburning fireplace in the lobby, to the decor, to the huge room with the very comfortable bed and furnishings, to the Aveda toiletries, to the deluxe continental breakfast we were so happy with our choice, we stayed there again as we passed through town on our way home to Vancouver, BC. A bonus was the 25% off certificate we received after our first stay. Right next door is a large log house style restaurant, The Taproot which serves tasty food and can be reached via a waterfront path from the Lodge. The Rogue River runs in front of the Lodge which creates a beautiful setting. We plan on staying there next year when we make the trip south.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 23 February 2011

This seems to be an old concrete block motel that has been well renewed. Our room was nicely appointed with a great bed and everything was clean. The staff are all very accommodating and the breakfast variety was good. We would not plan a trip aiming to stay with them but would stay if the timing worked out that we wanted to stay in Grants Pass. The wireless internet did not work in the room but fine in the lobby. Ask for a room away from the highway bridge that is right beside it.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Portland, oregon
Reviewed 19 February 2011

Spent two nights at this small hotel on the bank of the rogue river. Attractive architecture, a superior staff, excellent complimentary breakfast and low rates. The best value of anywhere I've stayed.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business