“The Lodge at Riverside”

Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Grants Pass
Salem, Oregon, United States
“The Lodge at Riverside”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We were greeted by very friendly staff and found that every interaction we had with the staff at The Lodge was top notch. We stayed in one of the master king suites. It has plenty of space, a nice jetted top, a nice deck looking out over the river and park. It was quite and relaxing. While we ran out of time and didn't have time to use the pool and hot tub our room overlooked the hot tub and was just a few steps away from the pool as well. The wine happy hour was nice and we enjoyed the breakfast they provided as well. After a long day of driving we really liked the fact that we were able to walk across the street to the taprock and have dinner on the deck overlooking the river. If you are going to take advantage of the Hellgate Jet boat rides your in the perfect spot because they load the boat just across the street. We will be back!

Room Tip: The master king suite was really big. In the future for two people I would probably just rent a kin...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Lafayette, Colorado
Reviewed 18 August 2013

The Lodge at Riverside is an attractive, very comfortable hotel right on the Rogue River in Grants Pass. Our relaxing room looked out over the river, and the bed was very comfortable. The front desk staff recommended Umi Sushi for dinner, right across the parking lot, and we gorged on delicious sushi, but not before enjoying the complimentary wine tasting in the hotel lobby. Overall they got it right, and we'll probably stay there again the next time we're in the area.

Room Tip: The river view king was very nice.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the lodge for business. It was the first of 4 on this particular trip. This was my favorite! Unfortunately there was smoke from a large wild fire just to the north-a lot of it! despite that, the hotel is situated on the rogue river with nice patios shrubbery all around, large rooms, clean bathrooms and free breakfast. It's what I would call a classic Oregon experience-woods, river, nice staff and perks. There is free coffe in rooms, local wines and beer in the lobby to purchase and its off the main drag, yet just across the street from adventure (river trips) and great resteraunt. I picked this as a place to come back to for family fun!

• Stayed July 2013
West Linn, Oregon
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Wonderful staff..helpful, friendly and courteous. I show up there once a month in the early morning and they always do their best to get me a room asap. Rooms are spacious and overlooking the river. Pool and hot tub outside next to river. Will stay there anytime I am heading thru Grants Pass.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Beaverton, Oregon
Reviewed 14 August 2013

The Lodge at Riverside sits along the rogue river in Grants Pass Oregon. We stayed two nights. Very nice rooms. Most rooms face the river. Our room 105 was perfect on ground floor. Two queen beds, very large room slider to patio. Pool and hot tub a few steps away. Daily breakfast included. Wine tasting and cheese and crackers. Also a cookie and milk hour. Very clean great location to hop on Jet boats, just below on river. Very close to many winerys and about 1-1/2 hour from the coast area. Across river from hotel is a nice park to walk around or have a picnic.

Room Tip: rooms in the middle have nice views.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Waco, Texas
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We arrived to friendly staff members, Aaron and Jesse, who were extremely helpful and friendly (especially Aaron) He gave good instructions, told us about the wine and snacks (and later the warm cookies and drinks). I asked about the nearby fire and he got back to us with the latest news and the name of the fire (Douglas Complex fire). He told us about a good place to eat to celebrate our anniversary. He was right. It was delicious. Room was perfect facing the pool, spa and the River Rogue. We enjoyed the accommodations and the price was reasonable. Thanks.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Gresham, Oregon
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I pulled up to this hotel for my last night on a road trip with three kids, 10,10 &12 (1500 miles). I had tried to get home for my anniversary to spend it with my husband but was too tired. It was a good thing. It was the best night of our entire trip (10 days). I was greeted by Susie and Katrina who showed the kids to the cookie hour but I missed the wine hour. They gave me a bottle of wine for my anniversary and a room on the main floor in front of the pool so I could watch the kids swim and enjoy my anniversary glass of wine while watching the kids from the lanai of my room. I was also able to use a coupon which made the room extremely affordable! Room was spacious and comfortable. Enjoyed closing the evening in a large hot tub with the kids. Breakfast was perfect and the staff very pleasant and accommodating. Every staff person I met was very polite. I would definitely stay there again and recommend it to everyone! Thank you to Katrina and Susie for everything!! Happy Anniversary to Katrina and my daughter Katrina says THANK YOU!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family