“Nice hotel on the river”

The Lodge at Riverside
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Grants Pass
bend oregon
“Nice hotel on the river”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I stayed with with my kids for just one night. We had a room with a view of the river. The room was clean and had Aveda bath products, one of my favorite. I enjoyed the wine and cheese and they, the cookies and milk. I appreciate those little things while traveling. Breakfast was very nice, they had healthy options like yogurt and oatmeal, also waffles, bagels and other good quality items. We walked to the Tap Rock, it was a good way to spend an evening. My only complaint is the pool area. I chose this hotel partially because of the pool so my kids could swim. It was pretty dirty and the pool could really use some repairs. Also there is no hot tub. We were pretty bummed about this. When paying $200 plus a night in Grants Pass you would hope that this wouldn't be the case. If your not up for swimming this could be your place.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Meridian, Idaho
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I stayed at the Lodge at Riverside for 1 night on business. I did not get to spend much time at the hotel because of my schedule but I really liked it and had wished I had more time there. I loved how spacious my room was (single King). It was also new & clean (minus some stains on closet area wall where housekeeper missed). The front desk service was very nice. The Lobby decor is beautiful. My room was even overlooking the parking lot & by the stairs, which I expected to be irritated with noise but I didn't hear any noise. It was quiet and peaceful. My very favorite thing about the room was that they leave these make-up remover towelettes with the soaps and I hadn't seen that before. It is a great idea though because I feel guilty ruining white washclothes with mascara & makeup. More hotels should do that.
If I am ever in Grants Pass again I will definitely stay at the Lodge at Riverside, and I will recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Oregon
Reviewed 1 May 2014

The staff (all of them) go above and beyond! The young lady checking us in worked so hard to find us a room that was suitable and ready early. Jesse helped us with restuarant suggestions and with check out. He is a very kind and friendly person. The evening was wonderful, we enjoyed the wine reception. Tap Rock and the walkway over to it is wonderful with a great friendly staff as well. Then when we got back to the Lodge for cookies and milk Katrina was gracious to make more as they were all gone. We sat and visited in front of the warm fire and talked for some time with her. Katrina was knowledgable, friendly and spent time talking and sharing information. The breakfast served in a very quaint diner setting was delicous with a wide selection of food. Again the staff was very knowledgable of the area and took time with each guest to share information. Thank you for a wonderful time. We will be back again.

Room Tip: The second floor balcony room was wonderful with views of the pool, river and park beyond. Would hav...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Grants Pass, Oregon
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Where do I begin.... First I went off of reviews that I read here on tripadvisor. After a long drive with my husband and my 19 month old we were tired. Katrina greeted us and she was nothing less then wonderful, a very sweet disposition and very welcoming. It only got better when she offered us a complimentary glass of wine. And just when I thought things couldn't get better, she says she's making fresh made cookies and milk, all complimentary. My baby was VERY happy. The room was great, very clean. In the morning I went to have my breakfast and was created by the singing of another wonderful girl singing, Jessica. Not only was she a joy to talk to she gave us wonderful trip advice, which we happily took. You will leave here with a smile on your face, no doubt about it.

• Stayed April 2014
Vancouver, Washington, United States
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I have stayed at the Lodge at Riverside twice now. I travel weekly for my job and I usually stay at Marriotts but this place was so great the first time I had to come back. The first time I checked in I had been driving for about 4 hours. They have a wine social in the evenings but I had missed it. The gal checking me in offered me a glass of wine anyway. I thought this was sweet because I would have never known since the wine was put away and I was the only person in the lobby! I love people that go above and beyond. I didn't accept it but just the thought impressed me! I'm sorry I can't remember her name. She was a young, cute brunette.

The second time did not disappoint either. Jesse helped me with check out and he was delightful. Very friendly and inquired about my day and my stay. Very professional and kind. He's the kind of guy that makes you want to come back!

The rooms are clean and nice. I will stay here the next time I am in Grants Pass.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
sydney
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Great little hotel with a nice breakfast included. Big clean rooms right on a nice river with a pool.

The location is great and we were able to walk through town from the hotel.

Grants Pass was a great stopover on a Road Trip from San Francisco to Portland. The town has plenty of restaurants.

Thanks to Aaron for his advice on what to do around town.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Lovely people! A little close to the highway, but traffic noise wasn't bad. Aveda products. Beds were pretty soft and bouncy for us, but some might like them. Lovely down comforters. Sue and Pam were delightful hostesses for the continental breakfast, Crystal at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. Overall highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2014