“Fun Trip” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hellgate Jetboat Excursions

Hellgate Jetboat Excursions
Ranked #1 of 4 Tours in Grants Pass
More attraction details
Owner description: Great for the whole family, enjoy Hellgate Jetboat Excursions in Southern Oregon! Our interpreted Jetboat tours of the “Wild & Scenic” Rogue River and famous Hellgate Canyon are one of a kind & our 360 degree spins will thrill the whole family! We offer 5 different trips including our famous Dinner trip to the Ok Corral where you will stop for an all inclusive family style meal along the Rogue River. To learn more about our trips please visit our website or check us out on facebook. We do offer school, group and tour rates.
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Windsor
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Fun Trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

We really wanted to go the distance and do the whitewater trip. Unfortunately its been cancelled because of low water in the river. So call ahead to see what is available because their website wasn't updated with this information.We went on the lunch trip. Five boats were fully loaded for this trip--about 250 passengers! The first part of the trip takes you past a lot of homes on the river--some are quite beautiful. You go past a park and where rafters get in the river. Further down you go through undeveloped, scenic areas and a narrowed gorge. Then we turned around for our lunch stop. We were seated quickly, they had us assigned to a table already.Unfortunately food was slow coming out and the family style portion wasn't enough to go around the entire table so some at our table had to wait to get salad or bread. A table of 10 needed 10 portions! It was all worked out in the end but we were a little uncomfortable mid way through the meal as we were seated tightly in the middle of the table with no escape unless we asked 8 other people to stand up and let us out to use the bathroom. (The table chairs are back to back in rows so even some at that table behind us would have to stand up for us to get out.) Advise going to the bathroom before you sit down to eat. On the return trip our pilot spun the boat around several times and got us good and wet--so glad it was a hot day. We raced another of the jet boats and used their wake for some spray action. It was at this point I wish I hadn't eaten the berry cobbler for desert (although it was the best part of the meal). But everyone around me was having a good time so I was able to forget my indigestion. We arrived back at the dock totally wet so be prepared.

• Hebrew first
Tucson, Arizona
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“wet and wild”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

This is our 4th time experiencing the jet boat ride. Was fun, and exhilarating on a hot day. WE got wet. If you do not like getting wet, I do not suggest this adventure, or wear a poncho. Good for families.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Had so much fun would drive back here again from Washington to do it all over detour was great there was a lot of information and history given that dinner was awesome and there was as much as you can eat and there were unexpected surprises along the way was laughing was laughing and having a great time I would recommend it to anyone and everyone a great deal for the money

Yuba City
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fun, sun, and speed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

This experience is a summer must! We drove up from Ca just to ride on the jet boats again. Past summers we've gone up in July, but this year we changed it to June before the Rogue's water level dropped significantly. Again, our driver was knowledgeable, experienced, and entertaining. And again, a great time was had by all!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank NanceYubaCity
Morrisville, North Carolina
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“10 years between visits - same great ride”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Last time I was in the area was 10 years ago visiting my parents and they took my daughter and I on the dinner excursion. We had a wonderful time so when planning my wife's and my trip to Oregon (as she had never been before) we made certain that this was a must stop.

Like last time, we went with the dinner excursion, and like last time had Rick as the driver, and this did not disappoint. The ride was fun, the food was great (even offered Deschutes beer for a charge) and was able to see some wildlife (bald eagle both directions).

If you're in the area then I would highly recommend. Rick has a wealth of knowledge of the river and the area, and he'll also get you wet along the way.