“ugh”

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Gresham
Reviewed 28 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
FrontDM, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Portland/Gresham, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Reviewed 26 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Portland Days Inn traveling from Seattle and then going the next day to tour the Columbia Gorge. We checked in one afternoon and then went out to eat. When we returned to our room early that evening, we saw that there was no fire alarm in our ceiling. It looked that it had been yanked out. I called downstairs and there was not another room or an extra alarm. The lady said she would tell the manager the next morning. When we went to bed, there was a short in the light in the bathroom and one light in the bedroom had to be unscrewed to cut the light out.
The next morning, we went downstairs to eat breakfast and I talked with the manager. She asked if we had had a fire during the night. I told her no. She said then I did not have a problem. She ws extremely rude.
I reported the incident to the local fire inspector.
When I arrived home in South Carolina, I wrote the national office of Days Inn. About a week later I received a form letter from the general manager of the Days Inn Portland. The woman later called me and explained to me again that I had eaten breakfast and we did not have a fire, so I did not have a problem.
I do not plan to stay at a Days Inn again, because I feel that the national office did not follow up on the situation. I should have received a reduced rate at least.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Idette T

Dear Idette T:

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to review us here on Trip Advisor. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. We are in the process of upgrading our rooms and we do apologize that in our haste to ready the room, we missed putting the face of the fire alarm back in place. We also apologize that if in speaking to the Front Desk Manager you were offended. It is never our intention to be rude and hope that you accept our apology for any inconvenience you were caused.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and if I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 503-618-8400.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 May 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Robert R

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I have always had great service and the location is very convenient for me. I've stayed here at least 5 nights and will stay there again when I'm up in the Portland Area. It's nice the have the hot breakfast before leaving in the morning.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Mary G:

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to review us here at Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We're glad you like our hotel and hope to see you on your next visit to the Portland/Gresham area.

Again, thank you for your review and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 503-618-8400.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gresham
Quality Inn Gresham
#5 of 11 in Gresham
Hampton Inn Portland East
Hampton Inn Portland East
#23 of 144 in Portland

Been to Days Inn Portland/Gresham? Share your experiences!