“DISGUSTED”

Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Gresham
Tigard, Oregon
“DISGUSTED”
Reviewed 7 January 2010

booked this hotel off hotwire.com... so i guess this is what happens when you go in blind... when we got there the staff was rude upon arrival.. asked us for our credit card we asked why as it has already been paid by hotwire.com... We need to have the credit card on file so we can charge you for any damages and also since we have only 2 beds rooms only ,if that bed is messed up we can charge you for an extra 10 dollars.. what i said are u kidding me??? and they also took copies of our ID'S ... what is up with that i thought also.. the breakfast was nasty, our room was not up to standards.. we had an out side cracked window.. so if we were to open the window for fresh air the other one would fall in... then the safe we could no get opened so they had to come and reprograme it and that seemed like a hastle.. and then we had troubles with the tv being all fuzzy... they explained that they have sattilite tv... Ok well as well as the rest of the sattalite view population as i may say have way over 16 channels... so the guy came and program the tv again and no change asked him if he was aware of the broken window yea yea yea i am... no chage to u... i hope to shout not... the worst place i have ever stayed....i can keep going on and on... i would not recommend this too no one... will i guess you get what u pay for...

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Vancouver
Reviewed 26 December 2009

This hotel was at a great location, lots of food around, so we didn't really have to cook. There's also a Safeway nearby, so it was also easy to get groceries.

The outside, it looks like a motel, but in the inside it looks just fine. In the room, it was very dim, the bathroom was very bright, but all in the main living area in every room was just lamps, lamps, and more lamps. The reviews said that the tv's there only had a few channels, but they upgraded it into a comcast box with like 60 channels, so we were entertained while our stay.

The breakfast was small, but it was enough to fill us up, you can make your own waffle, fresh orange juice and coffee, bread with assorted spreads, and cereal & milk. With the make your own waffle, they only have 2 cups and then you have to ask the front desk for more and it will take 5-7 min, so make sure your eating while your waiting because the best food there is would be, the waffles.

Enjoy your stay...

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
Phoenix
Reviewed 16 July 2009

We booked this hotel in advance because we knew we'd be arriving late. If we had seen the place in person before booking we probably would have stayed elsewhere. I thought Howard Johnson hotels were up scale places but not this one. It looks like a motel on the outside. They photo copy your ID when you check in, what's up with that?

The room was very large with lots of space to spread out. The bed was comfortable, the room was quiet and the staff was friendly.

Now the bad news: Clues like juice stains in the ice bucket and stains in the tub made us wonder if the cleaning staff did more than a quick rush through the room. The lights in the room were very dim -- probably to help hide things like worn carpet and broken towel bar. They use CFL bulbs but need brighter bulbs so people can actually see. The place is old and needs to be renovated. The pool is only open during daylight because there is not pool light.

The price was right but I wouldn't come back.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Fairbanks, Alaska
Reviewed 27 June 2009

This hotel is about a bllock from the light rail station to the city. Since Portland's mass transit is excellent, it more than compensates for the distance fromt he city. The hotel it self is not fancy, but the room met my needs, the bed was very comfortable. When I told the front desk I booked a room with a refrigerator and microwave, and there was not one in the room,within a half hour both were brought to my room. There was a room safe in the room big enough for my laptop when I was away at my seminiar. Two small quibbles though; an obession with low wattage bulbs throughout the hotel and in the room.. I would have liked a brighter light in the room,and the hours for the breakfast were from 7-9. They should be at least a half hour earlier . Restaurants not a problem here,and there is a Safeway Supermarket right across the street. The fitness center needs serious work..just passable

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
oregon
Reviewed 31 March 2009

My husband, four year old son and my father came down to Gresham for a horse show this last weekend and left with a horrible taste, It started off wrong as I could not understand the woman taking my reservation. It got worse from there. My son had an accident on the bed, which happens when introduced to the unfamiliar at nights, the bed was lined. We had cleaned the spot and requested new sheets. The maid and this creepy man with a thick gold chain started inspecting the dirty sheets, the accident DID NOT seep through onto the mattress, which again, wwaas lined. The creepy man came into our room, without permisson and started ranting in front of my four year old about "all the pee pee all over" my son started crying embarrased and this man turned to us and said "he should be in diaper". The next day I went in to get breakfast for my elderly father who could not walk as fas as the lobby was. There were signs saying "do not take food to you room" blah blah, i made a plate for my dad and went to the desk and told him I was bringing to my room due to the fact that he could not walk that far. The creepy man started in on how I should pay for the bed and then blamed me for peeing the bed!!! It was the worst I have ever been treated. I would not recommend this place to a pack of pigs!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank benitaaspen
PORTLAND
Reviewed 15 December 2007

My family and I stayed at the hotel . The rooms are very clean and service was great. Kids enjoyed new hot breakfast items, waffles especially, and the pool. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Liked — larg and clean room
  • Disliked — good breakfast
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
portland
Reviewed 18 October 2007

My family has stayed at this hotel on three occasions during 2007. We are a new family and don't have alot of money to spend when we are visiting family. Our first two stays were okay, not much to talk about. This last stay on October 14th, 2007 was very nice. We were informed that new owners had recently taken over. The staff was really nice, going to extra lenghts to meet all of our accomodations. I could see that they were making minor changes with a variety of previous problems ( remote controls that work, rooms were nice and clean) So if you are looking for a hotel that is low in price, this hotel is becoming a good choice.

• Liked — seeing the new improvements
  • Disliked — no opinion
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank btrflyhome
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gresham
Quality Inn Gresham
#5 of 11 in Gresham
Days Inn Portland/Gresham
Super 8 Gresham/Portland Area OR
Best Western Plus Cascade Inn & Suites

Been to Motel 6 Gresham City Center? Share your experiences!