“Super Quality Experience Friendly Staff”

Extended Stay America - Portland - Gresham
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Gresham
Portland, Oregon
“Super Quality Experience Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

I stayed here while relocating to Oregon. The staff was one of the highlights of my stay at this hotel. As it is designed more like a studio apartment, it is perfect for someone like me who is relocating. Full size kitchen, the bed was very comfortable and they love pets! It was a convenient location because it is readily accessible to the entire area, which made it good for scouting places out. My caveat is that if you like a good channel selection on TV, you'll be let down. Still not enough to get a poor rating. Again, for me, as much as cleanliness and quiet, the employees sell the place.

Room Tip: Rooms facing West get the breeze and sunsets. Rooms to the west get a view of Mt. Hood on a clear d...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Gresham, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful things about your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the friendliness of the staff. We do strive to make your stay a "home away from home" experience.

Also, as a company, we are working on improving our channel selection. I appreciate your feedback on that as well.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Roermond, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

We picked this hotel for our two night stay because of its easy access to the Columbia River Gorge. Rooms were large, modern and clean. The kitchen could use some more utensils though, it only had some very basic things. There was a tiny sachet of dishwasing liquid, but for two nights making dinner and breakfast that isn't really useful. There was nothing to do the dishes with either. Only one sachet of coffee, although I did get another one when I asked at reception. I read just now in some previous reviews and comments about the grab and go breakfast and free coffee, but we had no idea about that. Could be better advertised in the room or at check-in, so people know about it.

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Gresham, responded to this review, 14 June 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Your comments in regards to the cleanliness and space of our rooms are much appreciated; yet, I was disheartened to read that our Grab and Go Breakfast was not communicated to you. Please also know that we would be more than happy to provide you with additional dish liquid and dish cloths. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are focusing on communicating all of our features during the reservation and check in process. Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at gre@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
santa rosa ca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2013

Our stay was pretty good. Room was clean and staff was nice. The kitchen was definitely lacking the basic essentials to make a meal. Decent value but nothing spectacular. We liked the location; just outside of Portland.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on non-freeway side for quietness.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Gresham, responded to this review, 17 May 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the cleanliness of your room and the friendliness of the staff. I am sorry that the kitchenette in your room did not have the necessary utensils to make a meal. Our housekeeping staff is working to ensure this does not happen again by restocking each guest rooms amenities.

Please contact me directly if you have suggestions that would help make your stay more enjoyable at gre@extendedstay.com. We have added the colanders and toasters to the rooms as a direct result of guest feedback. We do value your opinion. Thank you again for posting your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2013

First time we stayed at this hotel was in August/September of 2008 for about 3 weeks while working in the Gresham area. The staff and management was very accommodating at the time. The rooms were clean and in good condition at that time and really met our needs for an extended trip.

I just had the opportunity to stay in room 220 on the night of April 18. In the 5 years since I've stayed at this property I noticed that they have redid the exterior of the hotel (some of the stucco and rock) on the building. I still find the rooms to be clean, and in good repair.

Also they've changed the televisions out. I had a LG flat 32" flat screen TV made in 2012. The carpet in the rooms appears to have been replaced since my last stay, the beds, and the linens. They've also added a water filter to the kitchen tap, which would've saved us on our last visit from all the bottled water we bought.

The kitchen flooring is a wood laminate I believe which had just been replaced before we stayed in 2008. It appears to be holding up good. The kitchen flooring in room 220 still looked like new.

Since that time they've also added a simple breakfast (some packaged muffins and fruit) and I noticed they replaced the key system on the doors. It used to be an older vingcard key. Those were the plastic keys that had several holes in it. They now use the standard hotel credit card type keys.

The only thing that it appears hasn't been upgraded is the bathroom counter/sink area, and the shower heads. These are perfectly functional; they are just the plain white 80's/90's style that was used when the hotel was built.

Elizabeth was the one that checked me in at about 11:30 PM. She was quick to get me checked in and very friendly in asking how my day was, explaining the features of the hotel, where my room was, and welcoming me to call the front desk if there were any issues.

Lastly some people have said that this is a high crime area. The hotel is right behind the freeway and it is in kind of an industrial area. There are some parts of Gresham that don't attract the best crowd but this is going to be true in any city. No hotel will be responsible for your vehicle, or things stolen from it; whether in a large city or small town. It is unfortunate, but these things happen from time to time. I guess that's what insurance is for; but it isn't the hotel's fault or responsibility to prevent it.

Room Tip: The room is generally quiet even on the freeway side. I could hear people walking above me but it wa...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank tonyk1981
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Gresham, responded to this review, 25 April 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful things about our hotel, and the differences in your stays. I'm thrilled that you were able to enjoy the upgrades since your last time with us. As a result of our guests comments, we added the water filters to all the rooms, as well as the Grab and Go Breakfast. I am so pleased to hear that this made a positive impact on your stay.

California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2013

Large comfortable rooms at a low price that are clean, staff that is friendly and a great hotel for this price range. Cable TV includes premium channels. It was also quiet. Starbucks within a mile and a half.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Gresham, responded to this review, 23 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It’s great to hear that your room was so comfortable and quiet for you during your stay. I am proud of our team for making your stay so friendly, and I truly appreciate your comments regarding the cleanliness of your room. I am glad that you were also able to take advantage of how close we are to local eats and coffee!

Thank you again for your kind words. We hope to be able to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2013

Would like to see more breakfast options,house keeping more often, full size coffee makers and more coffee packs in each room. Shampoo and blow dryers in each room.golf channel would be nice.wall mounted flat screen to create more counter top space.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Samson1a
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Gresham, responded to this review, 27 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay here at the Extended Stay America Gresham. In response to your feedback, we are always looking for ways to improve our hotel and company. Our "Grab & Go" breakfast was a recent addition to our hotel, so we are listening to guest's input of what we can improve. We do offer extra housekeeping services for small fees if guests prefer daily housekeeping as well as hair dryers and shampoo available upon request. Although we have the smaller coffeemakers in the rooms, we do offer free coffee in the lobby every morning. This year, the company is working on our channel selection. We hope to add channels as well as change the variety of channels available. We love to get our guests input, since they will be the ones experiencing our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at GRE@extendedstay.com. We would love to have you stay with us next time your travels bring you to our area.
Pendleton, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

this is a very good place,the rooms are very comfy the employees are very helpful everything is in a good ditance from the hotel, and you can go for a walk also as their are good places to eat and shop when you need things

Room Tip: the full kitchens are fully stocked with cookware and evrything you need to make a good dinner and t...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank VirgilVBatesjr
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Gresham, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
Thank you for your great review of our Extended Stay America Portland-Gresham hotel. It's great to hear that our staff made an impression on you. We strive to make every guest comfortable as if this is their "Home away from Home". I am glad to hear that we made you comfortable during your stay. I agree that our hotel is in a great location! We are near the freeway which makes getting anywhere easier. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gresham
Days Inn Portland/Gresham
#13 of 139 in Portland
Days Inn & Suites Gresham
Best Western Plus Cascade Inn & Suites
Super 8 Gresham/Portland Area OR

Been to Extended Stay America - Portland - Gresham? Share your experiences!