“BAD WEATHER AND THE HOTEL IS RENOVATING”

Extended Stay America - Portland - Gresham
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Gresham
Yakima, Washington
“BAD WEATHER AND THE HOTEL IS RENOVATING”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Call beor making a reservation to see if they are finished with renovations, workmen hammering woke us up.
There was ice and snow at the lobby entrance that made it very difficult to get in to check into our room. No ice melt or shoveled path was used and parking was very difficult also due to ice and snow being built up in the parking spaces.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank lynstric
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Gresham, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am very sorry that you were affected by the renovations being made to our hotel. We are striving to ensure that it does not disturb our guests, and will continue to do so moving forward. As well, I apologize for the ice and snow outside the hotel. Our staff works hard to ensure that the walkways are cleared at all times, but due to the amount of weather we received this was a challenge. For the future, we are working to improve the way we handle these types of storms.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. I invite you to contact me, at gre@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 21 December 2013

The hotel was nice enough. My husband and I took the local taxi around and for some drivers it was hard to find. We did not receive room service other then our first week (we stayed close to two months) and there where some guests that would roam the halls at all hours but the staff and room where nice enough.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MrsKarlsen
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Gresham, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am so happy to read that you and your Husband enjoyed our hotel and the service our staff provided overall. Still, I am sorry to read about your housekeeping service. Our guest rooms should be serviced once a week for those staying 8 or more nights, so I will work with my staff to ensure this is being provided moving forward.

Thank you again for your post. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I booked this hotel through Priceline for 5 nights and did not even stay one. I checked out within 20 minutes of checking in and immediately after seeing the room. The entire experience was completely underwhelming and I would give a 0 or negative rating if it was allowed by the system.

We arrived at the hotel and I went in to check in around 7:30pm. No one was at the desk and it took about 5 minutes of walking around and saying "hello? anyone work here?" to finally produce an associate from the back room. After getting checked in and getting the luggage from the car, we went to the room. As soon as I opened the door, I knew we had to leave.

The kitchenette countertop had tiny scraps of paper and random paperclips on it. There were dried dead leaves on the carpet. The chair and footstool in the corner had I don't even want to know what kind of stains on the seat cushion and the foot stool. The towels looked like they had been used and refolded, the carpet had weird, random stains and the whole room smelled like sweat and body odor.

I packed up the car and went back in to check out 20 minutes after I checked in. Again, the front desk clerk was nowhere to be found and I had to wait 5 minutes for him to show up again. I politely explained that I had purchased trip insurance through Priceline and would be canceling the remaining 4 days of the reservation and would be in touch with Priceline regarding the refund. There was no reason to be mad at the front desk clerk, he's just some poor kid stuck and a crappy situation.

He did offer to see if another room was available and I politely declined. I had read the reviews on a couple different sites and made the mistake of believing that folks must be exaggerating. They were not. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone for any reason.

I wish I had had the presence of mind to take photos of the condition of the room as I'm sure some of it sounds unbelievable but sadly, it is not.

Room Tip: Do not choose this hotel for any reason.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank cjones2116
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Gresham, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The experience you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize. I will immediately begin to work with my desk staff to ensure they are available immediately for check-in. We take specific measures to ensure our guest rooms are fresh and comfortable for every guest. I will find out what happened in this circumstance as I am disheartened to read the condition you found your room. This does not at all meet our company or hotel standards. We certainly missed our goal of providing a "home away from home" experience and for this I am incredibly sorry. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will work together to make sure your experience is not repeated.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. Please contact me, at gre@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Gresham hotels

Glasgow
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Toilet clogged, bed was hard and uncomfortable, pillows were flat and worthless. It was not worth the $85 a night price tag attached to it. You have to pay an extra $10 a day FOR MAID SERVICE!!! Otherwise, you can clean the room, make the bed, vacumn and hunt down new clean towels in your spare time. The remote control was a chore, took forever to get it to work just a little.. The breakfast choices was a next to nothing. Towels were like drying off with sand paper and the bedding was just sad. Then when we tried checking out, computers were down. I was on a two day trip for a wedding and it took more energy fighting the things in this room than it did to set up my sons wedding.

Room Tip: If you need a kitchenette to feed your family and can't afford an apartment or house then this i...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Sheri H
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Gresham, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. I am sorry to hear that your stay was anything less than "a home away from home." Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will immediately begin to address your concerns. As we discussed on the phone we have multiple paths to follow to improving the value and service our guests receive due to your detailed comments and to make sure your experience is not repeated.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at gre@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
palm desert ca
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I have stayed at different location of this chain in the Portland ares for over ten years and have always been satisfied. Our stay this time was a week and a half, and we enjoyed a new amenity, breakfast food available each morning in the lobby. WiFi is now free also. A best buy.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank morteight
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Gresham, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We are incredibly grateful that you continue to choose our Hotels for your "Home away from Home" while you travel. 10 years is a long history of patronage and Extended Stay America couldn't be more excited to continue to serve you long into the future. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our Free Wireless Internet and our Grab and Go Breakfast.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

I was very impressed with this nice motel for my almost week long stay in Portland. My room with a single queen bed (which I requested via Priceline express deals) was next to the end of hall outside door on the first floor. It was quiet and comfortable. The airconditioner/heater worked well, the tv remote did not work and after replacing the remote at the front desk, it still didn't work. The staff was friendly and efficient, and while I was out, they replaced the remote with one that worked. The fridge was a bit noisy when running, but not really out of the ordinary. Coffee and "grab and go" breakfast was okay with me since I brought my own food (Safeway is a couple of blocks away). I will stay here again in the future on trips to Portland.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank javan49
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Gresham, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
The team and I appreciate your kind remarks. We are glad your guest room was so comfortable.As well, while I am sorry that you experience an issue while staying with us, I am happy to read that we were able to resolve it. As for the refrigerator, I am sorry this made a noise and am having our maintenance staff look into repairing it. I am proud of our team for providing you with a "Home away from Home."

Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future when you do return.
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We stayed here on July 23, 2013 and had a difficult time getting a room to stay in. We were first placed in a smoking room against our wishes. When we got to the room it was not clean. There were fretto chips by the chair, old food split and baked on in the microwave and some unclean stain down the side of the bed-skirt (I'll let you imagine what THAT was!) Also there is no ice machines on the complex so you have to use ice from an ice tray in the refridgerator that someone else has filled.
We were then put into another room and we found a billing slip on the foot rest that showed the current guest still had the room for another 3 days. So back to the front desk.
We were ready to be placed into another hotel but the manager inspected the 3rd room prior to us entering and so we stayed the night.
The hotel is also off the beaten path and a little hard to find.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Candy H
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. I apologize that your first room did not match what you had reserved. While this does happen from time to time we certainly do our best to honor these elements of every guests reservation. As well, I am sorry that the first two rooms offered were unclean. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that I will be working with our housekeeping staff to ensure our guest rooms are cleaned properly moving forward.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. I hope that you will contact me directly, at gre@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gresham
Quality Inn Gresham
Clarion Inn
Clarion Inn
#5 of 11 in Gresham
Super 8 Gresham/Portland Area OR

Been to Extended Stay America - Portland - Gresham? Share your experiences!