Forest Springs Bed and Breakfast
US$96
ClarionHotels
US$66
US$100
All reviewsb bbriechestnut roomfrittataevery morningportland areacompotecomfortable place to staywonderful hostsown bathroomcraftsman homebernese mountain dogpeaceful settingbreakfast was delicioustimberline lodgecolumbia riverwaffles
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 August 2012

We chose Forest Springs B&B because it was outside the more congested areas of urban
sprawl around Portland. A short drive to downtown Gresham took us to the light rail into Portland and Washington Park. It was a lot lkess expensive to have dinner in Gresham than in the Big City.
Enjoyed staying at a quiet historic home with an excellent breakfast thrown in.

Lloyd and Vivian Davis

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2012

My wife & I visited Gresham for a wedding & were lucky enough to find Forest Springs B&B.

Patrick is a wonderful cook! (He previously owned a restaurant in San Fransisco.) Every morning he made a new culinary masterpiece for us -- not your usual breakfast. We had a very tasty "baked bread pudding" one morning & a veggie frittata the other, both times with fresh local fruit & cream, & local/fair-trade coffee. Patrick is also a great conversationalist -- we spent many mornings around the table with him & other guests talking on whatever subjects led us to.

The house is an amazingly well-restored bungalow from the '20s-'30s, meticulously done -- including sound proofing between the rooms, low-flow fixtures in the bathrooms, & ACs/heaters in the bedrooms for your own comfort (we never used them as Portland is so mild in the summer & there's a great breeze through the house). The rooms are very cute & well-appointed, with all the amenities. He's even got a small DVD/VHS collection for watching.

Even better, in Portland-fashion, the B&B is environmentally friendly! While it's not vegetarian, no meat is served for breakfast (though there's plenty of protein); the food is locally grown & organic; the cleaning & bathing products are environmentally safe; and the house is energy efficient.

The lot is surrounded by woods, which helps with cool temperatures in the summer & provides an atmosphere of peace & some sound cushion from the nearby (but rarely trafficked) road -- & a great place to take a hike! We had a GREAT time & HIGHLY recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Stay upstairs for more quiet or stay downstairs if you like to interact with other guests (as the breakfast room is nearby). Be sure to check if your bathroom has a tub or shower.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2012

What a fantastic find! Patrick was a wonderful host and great chef. Each morning it was a new mouthwatering breakfast. I don't know which was my favorite, the calfloutis, the spinach quiche, the "baked bread pudding" The B&B was as warm and inviting as Patrick. The grounds made you feel like you are in the middle of the forest. It was very quiet even though it was off 2 main streets. I would HIGHLY recommend this B&B and will stay here when I got to Portland.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Forest Springs Bed and Breakfast (B&B) in Gresham near Portland, Oregon is amazing and I would highly recommend it. I stayed at this B&B over the Easter long weekend, traveling from Vancouver, Canada. Patrick is a culinary genius and made mouthwatering, unique breakfast meals that kept me going well past lunch. One of my favourite meals he made was a blueberry soufflé with fresh fruit, agave nectar and freshly whipped cream. Everything he made was healthy yet incredibly flavourful - simply amazing. I would recommend Forest Springs Bed and Breakfast B&B near Portland, Oregon just for that! The B&B is beautiful and surrounded by forest - we even saw a wild deer when we first arrived at the front porch! Our room was very well kept and every surface we came into contact with was spotless. I noticed that Patrick only used "green" products to clean the B&B and all his practices were incredibly eco-friendly. The bed was also the most comfortable I've ever slept in - the sheets were SO incredibly soft. I became so well rested during my time there. On top of that, the B&B was just a 20 minute drive away from downtown Portland, Oregon. I returned back to Vancouver incredibly relaxed and satisfied. I would highly recommend Forest Springs Bed and Breakfast in Gresham near Portland, Oregon for its eco-friendly/green practices and culinary excellence.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sara M
Reviewed 28 September 2011

First I would like to thank our wonderful host Patrick for making our stay so enjoyable. Forest Springs was a welcome retreat on a long roadtrip! Fantastic breakfasts and really ideally located. Take Patrick's advice regarding restaurants that are located close by, he will not steer you wrong! Our party had the entire top floor during our stay. We did not want for anything.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family