“"The Law"”

Ding Cheong
Ranked #118 of 177 Restaurants in Gresham
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I walked into this restaurant yesterday after running some errands. I thought it would be nice to have a cold beer and maybe some pot stickers. When the lady approached with my menu I asked what kind of beers they offered. I ordered a Bud Light and at that time she proceeded to tell me that I could not have a beer unless I ordered food. I questioned her statement and she told me it was "The Law" I giggled and told her it was NOT "The Law" and she walked away. I sat for another 10 minutes (keep in mind I was the only person in the place) for her to bring me my beverage. She shows up with a glass of water and asks me if I am ready to order. I said I was not and she walked away. I finally got up and approached her asking her why I did not get my beer? She again stated that it is "The Law" "I must order food!" LOL I then informed her....AGAIN...that it is NOT "The Law" I did recite "The Law" to her, which states that the restaurant must offer food to any patron consuming alcoholic beverages per OLCC 845-006-0460. She said "No! It Law!" I was a server in a fine dining restaurant for 10 years and also an OLCC card holder. Please do not come to this country and think you can change the rules. Please learn to read so you can understand "The Law" Please be advised this is not a friendly place and they obviously do not want your business.

2  Thank Jill S
There are newer reviews for Ding Cheong

Reviewed 10 April 2013

This is a great little take-out place. They are quick (10-15 minutes), the food is hot, service is fine. We get the dinner combos, always have leftovers for the next day. The food can vary in quality from time to time -- usually it's great; at rare times it can taste as if it's been around a while. It's affordable for our family and always a nice treat that the whole family can enjoy.

Reviewed 27 October 2012

The resturaunt upon entry was dark, the ceiling had water stains every where, we were the only ones there,at dinner time on a saturday, the tea was cold and no imitation sugar, the egg flower soup was bad and cold, The food was as nasty as an old shoe and was made with canned sauce,The batter they used on the shrimp , egg rolls,etc was something I have never seen nor tasted, the meat I beleive was imitation and to top it all off, I found a hair in the chow mein, if that is what it was.we ate very little and left the rest their I hardly ever complain but this was the worst I have ever.had.

Reviewed 7 June 2009

The restaurant is tucked right next to powell at the Highland Dr mall. Service was good, the atmosphere was clean and very homey. When you walk into the door you are greeted with a large fish tank, pretty cool. Being Chinese myself, I skipped all the american- chinese food and dove strait to the chef's special. Like the above comment, the bird's nest was beautiful, the crispy nest made of taro was excellent and the vegetables mixed with the scallops shirimp, chicken and more was light and tasty. Salt and pepper squid, was beyond any kalamari I've had. Tossed with green and yellow onions. The Imperial pork chop was also yummy. Its like a sweet and sour pork but much traditional and better !

1  Thank d3si6n3rm0nk3y
Reviewed 12 April 2008

Their lunch menu is cheap [most combinations under $5.00] and you get more than your money's worth.. The restaurant also makes many traditional dishes that most other restaurants don't, like the "Birds Nest" which is a special entree usually served at weddings. Chefs are also willing to work with you by adjusting the intensity of spice to your tastebuds..