“Very Good” 4 of 5 bubbles

La Carretta Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 173 Restaurants in Gresham
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Cheap Eats
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

This place has great food and great service. Very friendly. I keep going back to try new items. I love the tamales. I would definitely recommend on going in and giving them a try. Go a little early it dose get busy.

Gresham, Oregon
“Queen of Mexican food in East County”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

Best Mexican food at very reasonable prices. Coming from Southern California I have been on a constant search for good, 'real' Mexican food. La Carretta is the answer. Never ending chips and salsa are fresh and tasty. I recommend the fajitas. So good, so much. They will cook anything, any way you want, just ask. Superb service.
Super fun place for a date or birthday. Friday night even has roaming mariachis. Even has a separate bar ifyou are in too that.
Do not miss this one.

• Visited February 2014
Gresham, Oregon, United States
“better than taco bell?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

We did get to sit down near a window when I asked and they tried very hard to accommodate even when they were very busy, except for a waiter that was in a hurry came close to knocking me over twice, and just keep going not a word ? Food average, taste ediable, textures, somewhat unexpected ,though a variety of flavors and color was represented , (the meal was average ) , My wife who's spanish, had the taco soup and commented that perhaps they should have put the sour crème lots of it and avocado's and other ingredients on a side plate for those who may not want so much SC etc. in there soup. There was to many beans and chips to fill you up ? My son ate half of his food, I ate some of mine which was supposed to be marinated chicken breast, sadly It was dried out and chewy with very little marinade although the taste was good so,between 1-10, I say all things considered a rating of 4. La Carreta 1/21/14

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Love love love!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

We have visited La Carretta several times, and they never disappoint! They always have a friendly greeting ready when you walk in...seat you and soon you have chips and DELICIOUS salsa on your table (I go with my fiance and they put a salsa bowl down for each of us...yum!). One of my favorites there is the fajitas. My fiance and I each got an order of steak fajitas (about $12.95 I think) and only used the meat/onion/pepper skillet from one order...and took the rest home for another meal. There rice is not seasoned a whole lot, but is still very tasty. I love the salsa so much that this time I got chips and salsa to go ($6.00) and got a HUGE bag of chips and, I think, a QUART of salsa! I could eat that stuff like soup it is so good, so it will not go to waste. I have to note...customer service is top notch!

• Visited October 2013
Oregon
“New Menu Items!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

We have eaten at La Caretta several times, but it's been a while, so we stopped in last weekend. I was pleasantly surprised to see some new menu items featured, including fish tacos....I LOVE fish tacos!

As others have said, the salsa is great. Also, there staffing is pretty consistent--we see the same servers time after time. They are either family, or personally invested in the restaurant! They are also quick to serve their customers.

Husband usually gets the two burrito combo (10.95, I believe). This is more than enough for dinner--we take home leftovers for our ravenous teenagers.

I LOVE their tortilla soup, which is an absolute steal for 7.25, but this time opted for the fish tacos (9.95). They were awesome!

• Visited September 2013