“Outstanding customer service!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Gresham
Bend, Oregon, United States
“Outstanding customer service!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

Me and my husband recently stayed at this hotel for 4 nights for his work related class. Right off the bat, the front desk attendant, Bruce made an great impression. I returned to the hotel a little after check in with my one year old son and he inquired about when our son takes naps in the morning so he could ensure that housekeeping wouldnt disturb him if we were in the room when they came by. Every passing of the front desk we were greeted very pleasantly. The entire staff was very friendly but we were extremely impressed by Bruce in particular, who went very far out of his way to be friendly and helpful and always had a smile on his face.

I should also add the room was very comfortable, and clean! A very enjoyable stay!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Kate H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
eugene
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

We came to the Gresham Best Western early in the morning. We had left a hotel that was not so great. We came in, knowing it was before check in. The gentleman at the counter was so gracious. He suggested that we pay a small fee for early check-in and that way we wouldn't have to roam around for a few hours. We did just that and our stay was wonderful. The hotel was so clean. No bugs of any kind. Our room was large and had everything we needed. We ended up staying for four days. We will go back and also would recommend it to our family and friends. It is near shopping and a great restaurant is just steps away. Thank you for putting our faith back in Portland. Mr. and Mrs. Hill

Room Tip: The security is great so I think any room would be nice. There is an outside space for each room. We...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Niki H
Port Angeles, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2011

This Inn has not a pinch of hospitality. Management is indifferent to the guest relations. I did not even receive a thank you at check out. Also, this property is falling apart. Overall, bad Karma here.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Gusthedog

Travellers are raving about these Gresham hotels

Anacortes, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2010

nice hotel rooms were clean a little old fashion decor but very comfortable. The front desk were very nice and welcoming we dealt with three different people during our stay all were great. A restaurant that shares the same parking lot "Heidi's" is excellent....I was very happy with the food german/swiss what a treat...

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2010

Away from the highway, there are three pillows per room that are full sized, I was worried after reading reviews here, the iron was dirty, new pillow top beds new beding, newer towels and no sign, I think the manegment must have changed sence that was writen.

Pleasent staff polite and funny.

• Stayed September 2010
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank nnoonnee
gresham oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2009

We were in town due to a family illness. The room was clean enough but that wasn't the problem. We had a minor accident in the gym (my son cracked a 4 inch section of glass). We notified the front dest person and they told us not to worry about it, that it would be fine. We checked out with no problems and when I got home there was a charge on my checking account for $600.00. The manager was extremely rude and would not return my phone calls. We were not notified of the charges ahead of time and it caused our checking account to be overdrawn, incurring more money lost. Will not recommend this place to anyone!!!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank mileymoomoo
Salem, OR
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2007

This AAA 3-diamond hotel has clearly been misrated. I spent $90 to stay there the night before a job interview, rather than staying at a $40 Motel 6 or similar motel not far away. Why? I wanted to stay someplace nice and relaxing and quiet, and get a good night's sleep.

I knew there was a problem when I arrived (10:15 pm) and had to ring a tape-mounted remote doorbell to gain entry. Being able to smell the host from across the front desk was another bad sign, and I'm not referencing strong cologne! However, since I was arriving late, I'd already paid for the room, so decided to make the best of it.

In order to save space, I'll just go with a list of the lovely features I discovered in my non-smoking, queen-bed, $90 room:

Broken clock-radio (could not be set accurately and was cracked), permanently affixed to the nightstand and facing away from the wall -- that is, you had to sit up from the bed to see the numbers;

A number of long hairs and a big shoeprint on the bathroom floor;

Mildew of two colors -- orange and black -- in the shower grout;

A stained, dishrag-quality towel, with MORE long hair in it;

An insulting sign in the bathroom, asking guests who are paying $90 a night not to STEAL the dishrag-quality towels;

Two half-size pillows (think sofa pillows) for a queen-sized bed;

A stained mattress;

Sheets which I believe were made of burlap;

A running toilet;

A gross-looking ultra-cheap iron (I didn't know you COULD stain stainless steel), affixed with plastic-coated wire (to prevent theft) to

A Wal-Mart Special, extra-flimsy ironing board.

I wrote to Best Western customer service, and decided also to post this here. Past experiences with other Best Westerns have been positive, so I hope this is an aberration.

I'd recommend finding a nearby Motel 6 or Travelodge. They're more consistently clean than this dump was, and half the price!

Note: This hotel got a 1 (Terrible) from me in part because of the price -- that is, the actual value. If I'd paid $40, most of it wouldn't have surprised me too much; it'd be a minor annoyance, rather than something to write reviews about. If I'd paid $40, I'd probably give it a 2, because it was still poorly run.

Stayed June 2007
6 Thank brig180
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gresham
Quality Inn Gresham
Quality Inn Gresham
#1 of 11 in Gresham
Days Inn & Suites Gresham
BEST WESTERN PLUS Cascade Inn & Suites
Days Inn Portland/Gresham
Comfort Inn Columbia Gorge Gateway
Holiday Inn Express Portland East-Troutdale

Been to Clarion Inn? Share your experiences!