Clarion Inn
Portland Suites(Portland)
US$102
All reviewsdivision streetcomfortable bedswafflesportlandpetshousekeeper
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I love the Pony Soldier Inn and during my many stays over the years for both business and pleasure, I have always had an excellent experience. The rooms are clean and spacious and its close proximity to Portland's light-rail (MAX) system makes it an easy hotel to reach for the Portland business traveler. The courtyard and pool are always a nice sight to see from the lobby and breakfast area even if you don't use the pool!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 March 2014

This hotel is easy to find, yet is tucked back from the busy Burnside traffic. They allow pets but there are only a limited number of rooms available for pets as they can't be in the lobby, so if that's an issue for you reserve your room early. There is a great restaurant next door (Heidi's) that is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. This was my second stay and I will continue to stay here whenever I am in the Gresham area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Beware of cancellation policy.. it is stricktly enforced. My veterinarian told me not to attend a horse show due to the deadly ehv1 virus that had been reported in the State.. and i called to cancel my hotel a couple hours too late. Even though online it said they were sold out of rooms, they would not refund my charge. I called at 6pm the night before. Their policy was 3pm.. no exceptions. I feel cheated!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Lisa L
Reviewed 21 January 2014

You can't go wrong by staying there. I like the safety factor, where you have to enter and exit by the front desk. That way they can see who is coming and going. Also, I have health problems, so when I ask for a room on the lower floor, they not only give it to me, but put me as close to the front door as possible. Good job people:)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 December 2013

The staff are always pleasant and do their best to make sure your requests are taken care of. Always a smile upon check in regardless of the time of day or night. I can count on Best Western to be reliable and their prices reasonable. Thank you.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo