“Location not as advertised”
Review of Clarion Inn

Clarion Inn
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Gresham
Seattle, United States
“Location not as advertised”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We found this hotel on the web. We were going to Washougal, WA and reserved the 2 rooms. When we found out it was not even near Washougal we tried to cancel and they refused to return our money for the 2 nights we reserved it for. The employee was rude on the phone and did not follow through with having a manager call us back the same day. Nobody called and they still charged us the full amount. Our cred card company even was on a 3 way call when we were assured they would get back to us and take care of our complaint.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Deborah O

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Gresham, United States
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The hotel room was smelling bad. We told the front desk and the first thing he asked whether I needed any room freshner. Was that a joke? I had to insist that we need a better room and he then moved us to another room. That second room was also having some smell but very very light and we could stay without further complaints. Will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Pranjal D

Travellers are raving about these Gresham hotels

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Stayed at this property for one night, before flying out of PDX the next morning. The room was ready when we checked in, and we were upgraded to a small suite, which was very nice. Clean and comfortable. When flying home, I realized I had lost an earring. I sent a fax to the hotel the next day, describing the earring. The staff called within 1/2 hour to tell me they'd scour the room an surroundings, trying to find it. Alas, the earring is still missing, but I'm confident it's not at the hotel. Our flight out was early, early, early, so the availability of a 4 a.m. shuttle was much appreciated.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Richland, WA, United States
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Hotel is clean and comfortable. Hotel staff is helpful and courteous. We stay here every time we visit family in the area. This time, though, it looked like the swimming pool needed some attention--the water was too cloudy for anyone in our group to use.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Sisters, Oregon
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We were in the area during a convention. After a two hours search and many phone calls, we located the Best Western. No rooms were available with two beds. The young girl at the desk, I wish I knew her name, understood our plight in attempting to find a room for the night. She offered us a king bed with a sofa bed for our daughter. We were fortunate to find one room available. The room was clean and spacious. We left early and did not have the continental breakfast. We were happy with the service and accommodations.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Pasadena, California
Reviewed 22 June 2014

It was nightfall when I arrived. This was a place had I seen it in the daytime would not have stayed. As it turned out, my room bordered the sidewalk on a busy street. The time of visit (June 2013) the place had many empty rooms that night. As a loyal Best Western lodger (and points to prove it), the owner/manager said the same room he would move me to would cost $12 more. The room furniture was well-worn. Without getting into it further, this place simply does not meet Best Western's standards (not AAA standards for that matter)..

As a measure of the parsimonious (cheap) nature of the place, the breakfast muffins were cut in half (presumably to prevent any guest from taking a whole muffin and eating only one-half). I don't know whether the owner/manager is a good person or not, his management style was terrible. The way the employees related to him was to see no decision could be made without his explicit approval on matters. Having travel 49 states, this was a very poor place. After I stayed there, I checked out the Travel Advisor rating for it. It was mid-60% (my mistake), I also see "terrible" is the third highest rating for this motel !

The only good aspect was the light rail transit station to downtown Portland was nearby making it handy to get in and out of downtown Portland. .

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Bob A
Burns
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This was a short notice trip (-24hrs) . The personnel were friendly and professional , appearance of hotel was very good. It is on a moderately busy street intersection so -ASK FOR A POOLSIDE ROOM_. It was a quiet room by hotel standards but to me could be better (for the location it was very good). Pool looked clean the table cover umbrellas and top of lights could use a moss removal run then it would rate an excellent on pool. Breakfast was pleasant and well stocked adequate room for people to eat without being crowded. AC-Hater was very quiet for a built-in heat pump type. Wi-Fi worked very well in my room good transfer rate. Overall very good for a central city hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gresham
Quality Inn Gresham
Quality Inn Gresham
#1 of 11 in Gresham
Days Inn & Suites Gresham
Best Western Plus Cascade Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn Columbia Gorge Gateway
Days Inn Portland/Gresham
Holiday Inn Express Portland East-Troutdale

Been to Clarion Inn? Share your experiences!