“Great variety, great value”
Review of Lucky Buffet

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Lucky Buffet
Ranked #90 of 178 Restaurants in Gresham
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Very upscale food quality for an American Chinese buffet. The pot stickers are hand made, fresh and tender. And a variety of sushi adds diversity to the menu. Very affordable.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

Visited this restaurant for the first time last week. The restaurant is new and clean. The selection is good. And the price ($8) is very reasonable. We will be back!

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Not sure how much service you need at a buffet, but drinks were promptly refilled and plates taken. If a entree was out during one walk through, it was full and hot by the next. The hot and sour soup is the best we have had! Lunch and dinner both serve shrimp and beef dishes unlike other buffets I have been to in the area. There are so many choices, I'm not sure how they keep up in the back! Prices for dinner are fair and lunch prices are a steal as they serve much of the same food. The salad bar and desert bar are a little lacking.. The rice and noodles are what you would expect from a buffet.. but most of the other dishes are restaurant and take-out worthy. The only other thing is that the atmosphere is a little like a fancier cafeteria. Not sure why this place has received negative reviews. Also not sure why it is never even a 1/4 of the way full of customers. Been here 3X and will go again and again!

Reviewed 24 September 2013

My husband and I went here for a Saturday evening dinner about an hour before closing. We were pleasantly greeted and offered any table. Since this family-owned restaurant offers only buffet service, the waiter asked us if we wanted any freshly made dishes that were running low as it was late in the evening. We asked for General Tso's chicken, Chao Chao chicken (on a stick) and beef and broccoli. Within 15 minutes, the waiter told us that the fresh, hot dishes were on the buffet table. These dishes were fabulous, plentiful, and cooked to order. The buffet has a large variety of dishes and, most important to my husband and I, they don't use MSG in their food.

We have been to Lucky Buffet several times in the past, but this was our best experience yet. If you're in the Troutdale/Gresham area, you should stop in.

Reviewed 27 June 2012

I recently went to Lucky Buffet for lunch. I was greeted by mediocre customer service. My drinks were always refilled, but the food was bland. I had my sights on orange chicken, FYI Safeway has great Orange Chicken...sesame chicken and General Tso's chicken, which is supposed to be hot, and it was neither spicy, or served hot. The colors of the sauce all ran together on my plate, bright yellow, orange, red....I was amused at how it all seemed to swirl around on my plate, not quite watery, but nice and slow like grease. It had a flavorless taste, like oil, and the meat was of poor quality. I started to get worried, because, I was afraid that I would get sick. I am a picky eater but can usually find something good at a buffet. I found some egg rolls and fried won tons. The egg rolls were good in a sweet and sour sauce, until I smelled the egg roll, it had a fowl smell...the taste must have been masked by the sauce...I finally settled on some tater tots, that were okay. I was disappointed that I did not find mashed potatoes, but do I really want to go there??? I thought that I would be safe with desert. I selected ice cream, bummer, there was no chocolate. It is the soft serve that comes out of the machine, and usually has a choice between chocolate, vanilla and mixed, but not at Lucky Buffet. The toppings were bad, served in plastic squirt bottles, that tasted like they had been there for years, stored in a hot room. The selection of cookies, I would not even touch. The trays were practically empty, the cookies were warm and gooey, but not in a good way...and they were wrapped in saran wrap. That would be fine except, the restaurant had just opened!!! So how long had the cookies been out there??? Isn't that a health code violation??? Anyway, a trip to the restroom was all that happened, so glad that I didn't end up in the ER for some kind of food poisoning. I will not go back. Go at your own risk!!!