“Love Pioneer Villa”

Travelodge Pioneer Villa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Halsey
Reviewed 20 August 2009

I travel to this hotel every year and have never been disappointed. The staff is wonderful and remember me from year to year.

• Stayed: August 2009

Reviewed 5 August 2009

We stay here every year when the Oregon Jamboree is in Sweet Home, Oregon. We book Friday through Sunday night, and come home on Monday. The staff is always friendly, the rooms are decent and clean, and they let us go to the pool and hot tubs later to rest our weary selves. That is a big factor for me! Most other hotels close their pools and hot tubs early, and after a long hot day, you can't use them!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2008

My wife and I stayed here for 14 nights while working a job in Coburg. This is a great motel! We stay in motels approx. 350 nights a year and have seen the worst and the best of them all. The price is right, the staff are very friendly, the rooms are clean and comfortable, and the free breakfast is very good. Can't say enough about how happy we were with everything.

Keep in mind...this isn't a $120 / night motel. If you expect that for the price...you are just simply insane. It's a good comfortable place to hang your hat for a night or a few nights if you need it.

The food is great! I ordered the "Overload" burger my first night and let me tell you its the best I have ever had. No frozen patty here. It was a full pound of hand formed burger heaven! Had it again a time or two but we split it.

We will stay here again any time we pass through or when working in the area.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 25 August 2007

I believe that when rating a hotel, you need to take into account what you paid - a you should not expect a $50 - $75 a night hotel to be the same as a higher priced property.

I booked two rooms in August at this Travelodge while attending a wedding. We had two adults in each room. The cost with tax, total per room, was less than $70.

For that we got not just a nice clean room with two queen size beds, we also got a voucher for each person good for a free restaurant breakfast (limited choices off free selections but included egg with hash browns and bacon), including coffee or small juice. We had a large color TV, a microwave, a iron and board, a small refrigerator and a coffee maker. We had bath towels and separate pool towels. Each room had standard shampoo and soap but also better than average skin cream. And to top all this off, both rooms were exceptionally roomy and fully adequate baths.

The staff, including maids, were very friendly and the location is right off the highway, about 20 minutes north of Eugene.

OK, so were there any negatives? Well, the hotel adjoins a truck stop which did not bother me but might bother some, I guess. The nice thing about -- the truck stop quick shop was right next to hotel parking lot and sold all kinds of snacks, etc at very reasonable prices - like a 32oz bottle of Dasani (spelling?) water for $1.00. There is no exercise or business center and no high speed computer access. All rooms are at ground level and all rooms open to exterior parking lot and courtyard. The A/C in one room worked but was weak (other room had newer A/C unit ahd worked fine). And there is a small swimming pool with heated jaccuzzi but it is, naturally, outside.

It appears mostly families and couples traveling through or on vacation in local area stay here. Your family can all sit down to a nice breakfast and even if order additional choices off of menu, will most certainly spend less than a McDonalds breakfast (and you get plenty without doing that). At night, kids played in the pool and adults sat, watched the kids, and talked. It was nice and we really enjoyed.

Oh, if you like bacon be sure to get with breakfast! It is cut very thick and cooked very nicely. I never had bacon cut this thick before and man, I have to say, it was very, very good!

Bottom line, if you are looking for a great pool scene, etc this is clearly not your hotel but if looking for a place to stay a couple of nights or a stop on the highway while going on a family vacation, this Travelodge will most definintely not disappoint.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MikeandYong
Reviewed 24 December 2006

No longer a Best Western, now Travelodge. I stayed here a few years ago when it was a BW and the room smelled so musty and moldy that my Grandma went and bought Febreeze (which didn't help). This is the only hotel near my family and I need to stay close. Upon calling for reservations this time, I was assured that the smell had been taken care of. It wasn't nearly as bad on this stay, but I don't recommend the hotel if you have any type of mold sensitivity or allergy. There was quite a bit of mold in the grout in the bathroom along with all around the bathroom where the walls and ceiling meet. A bunch of soap scum came up from the drain when the water was turned on and there was no way I was going to give my son a bath in the tub. The Travelodge website advertised high speed internet but DSL is only available in a small strip of king bed rooms and you have to go to the lobby or restaurant to use wireless, the signal isn't strong enough to reach the closest rooms. The restaurant is okay. You get a free breakfast with your stay (before 9am) but they won't accomodate large groups.

• Stayed: November 2006
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank daisyjg
Also consider these accommodations in or near Halsey
Best Western Premier Boulder Falls Inn
#15 of 38 in Eugene
Super 8 Albany
Super 8 Albany
#6 of 10 in Albany

Been to Travelodge Pioneer Villa? Share your experiences!