Astoria/Warrenton/Seaside KOA
US$191
US$187
Atomic Motel(Astoria)
US$100
Astoria Rivershore Motel(Astoria)(Great Value!)
US$95
Columbia Inn(Astoria)
US$78
Hotel Elliott(Astoria)
US$191
US$187
All reviewsfree pancakespancake breakfastputt putt golfindoor poolpaved sitesgreat storesewer hosefire pithot tubgames roombasketball courtevery morningfort stevens state parkrv spotsper nightpet areabouncy pillow
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Stayed for 5 night in deluxe area and had a great time. The staff was very friendly and campground was clean. The kids loved pool, bounce pillow and daily activities. Very close to Ocean (~500m) and used to bike there everyday. Also loved biking in the state park across the street. The onsite restaurant will delivery food to your campsite (we never did) and they have a nice espresso shop for your morning coffee. Free pancakes in the morning and extras was not much money

Room Tip: It is worth the extra money and stay in the deluxe area. Not much privacy or trees in lower area and many kids around playing.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank nscementer
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Stayed for a full week and the kids were not bored for a minute.Drove to Seaside and Tillamook and toured the cheese factory.Many free kids activities are included too.Free all you can eat pancakes everyday was a big hit.Pool and hot tub were big enough too.This site is massive.We stayed in a Kamping Kabin and it was just the right size for the 5 of us.The weather stunk for most of the week but thats Astoria for you....great place,wish it was closer to home!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2012

To start off with, the person at registration circled J 31 on the map and highlighted how to get there, so we backed our camper into it and got all set up just to find out they put somebody else in that spot. We checked our windshield tag and it said K 31 which was on the other side of the same loop.

The amount of bathrooms are not sufficient for the amount of campers. I guess they count the toilets that are IN the showers which are very small compared to the spacious showers at state campground across the street. This is NOT what I expected for the amount we paid, which I could stay 3 nights at Oregon state parks for.

They also told us the pool was open until 10:00 PM, they just forgot to mention that from 9:00 to 10:00 was for adults only, guess the kids standing next to us didn't tip them off. You can imagine how that went with them when we showed up at a quarter to 9:00.

Never again KOA!!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Cumminsrules
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Because every single state park in Oregon was booked for the end of July, we ended up at this KOA. It's definitely geared towards families so, as a couple, I was worried we'd feel a bit out of place. However, I was pleasantly surprised (and relieved) by the KOA Astoria.

The campground has a lot of family-friendly amenities and activities, none of which we took part in. We are both "rugged" campers who are used to next to no amenities, so this was luxury camping for us. We were basically using the campground as "base camp" for exploring the region, so it was nice to have somewhere to start our days with a hot shower. We were, however, one of only a handful of tenting campers; most of the campers were there with massive RVs and tons of toys.

We had originally booked a simple tent site but wanted something a bit more private, so I called to upgrade our site to include trees, water and power before we went. I was pleasantly surprised to see that they didn't charge us extra for the upgraded site, and with the nightly fees, pet fees and resort fees, it came to about $160 for four nights.

Another bonus for me was that the KOA Astoria is dog-friendly (albeit with a small, nightly pet fee). However, as a lover of all dogs I was upset to see that they had some breed-specific rules, which, in my opinion is unfair. So if you own one of a few specific breeds, your dog may not be welcome here.

My only other criticism was that, although the wifi was free, service was hardly spotty at best and I spent more time trying to connect than actually using the internet. This seems to be an issue most people had.

All in all, I had a great experience at the KOA Astoria. The park was clean (though the shower houses could use a cosmetic upgrade ASAP) and the staff were friendly and informative. While I'd prefer to camp in a state park when the option arises, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank KeiraMorgan
Reviewed 23 July 2012

We paid over $130 with all the fees to stay here two nights. I was annoyed to find that the wifi didn't work at our site. When I tried to call the office to get help, they wouldn't answer the phone. It was raining and very far (it is a large campground) so I had to drive up to the office to speak with someone. They were less than helpful - no offer to relocate to a spot that had wifi, no offer of a credit. I needed the wifi to stay in touch with my work email, and one of the reasons I chose to stay here was because they advertised free wifi.

I was even more annoyed when they tried to tell me that because the wifi was free, that it didn't matter if it didn't work because they don't charge people for it! Excuse me, but at the prices I'm paying to stay at this zoo of a campground, I believe that I'm already paying for your wifi in my excessive bill. If you stay here, and you need wifi, make sure you request a spot that will work for it when you make your reservation.

There were some large groups of people here that were pretty unruly. Also people let their kids run around unsupervised and basically it was sort of chaos. We have a kid and dog too, but we try to be courteous and keep our noise levels down.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family