“Disapointed”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hammond
Astoria/Warrenton/Seaside KOA
Stony Plain, Canada
“Disapointed”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We stayed at the Astoria campground 10 days ago. It was raining. The campground was beautiful . What i did not like was the fact that the front desk acted like there was no room and tried to find a spot for our 40 ft RV and 12 ft trailer. We where 1 of 4 units in the whole campground (100 + sites for sure ). What really got me upset was the fact they charged and $8.00 + tax on it for a resort fee. Everything was closed except the pool. So why a resort fee. Besides if we had wanted to use some of the resorts equipment you had to pay for it. Example: Bikes, pool table, video games, etc. We where told there was a free pancake breakfast but that was all that was free the pancakes, as you had to pay for the coffee and everything else. I could blame the weather for the use of the resort fee equipment only to find out that all the equipment was closed for the winter season. So again why a resort fee ???? I feel ripped off. The money won't kill me but it is the misrepresentation that bothers me. Not worth $58.00 a night. Better off at a roadside turn off. RD.

Room Tip: Would never stay here again.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Robert D

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
In the mountains
Reviewed 30 March 2014

My family and I stayed in one of the cabins recently we were impressed overall the cabin was a nice size, clean, had a kitchen with all the items you need which is nice, the bed in the bedroom was comfy as well. The kids had no problems sleeping on the futon and bunk beds. It was very busy due to spring break but we still enjoyed our stay and were impressed with the grounds, the amount of amenities offered and the staff! Thank you!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Pitt Meadows, Canada
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here in our trailer on March 34 and 24th, 2014. We were given a site on what turned out to be the main drag through the center of the park - Columbia St. Cars drove by our site around the clock. Sort of like staying in a pullout on the highway. We have a KOA card and have stayed in KOA's across the continent and have never seen so much traffic within a resort. This is a first hand report of a recent stay in this park.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Woodland, Washington
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We like to stay here during the off season. There rates are comparible to state camp ground across the street, but here you get free pancakes, swimming pool, hot tub, mini golf, play grounds, arcade. The staff that I had to deal with were awesome. When I booked an RV site the computer put me in a 40 foot site it was to short for me. I went up and they changed it without any hassle. The lady in kitchen was really custmer focused she was the only one working the kitchen and she made sure to welcome everyone that walked in the door. My only concern is the heated pool is kind of cold. My son was shivering by the time we got out. All said and done I will be going back.

Room Tip: Go with the pull thoughs in the back of the park they are wider so you can get your slide out easier...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Augusta, GA
Reviewed 24 November 2013

This was my first experience with a KOA property. From start to finish everything was smooth and surprisingly nice. Reservations were easy. Late check-in was no hassle. The small cabin was clean, comfortable, easy to find. Bathrooms were clean and there were private showers. I was surprised by the amenities - indoor pool, miniature golf, etc - and best of all there was a "free" all-you-can-eat pancake breakfast. I say "free" due to the $6 resort fee, which I found strange.

Room Tip: The cabins in the cove area offer a little more privacy.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Catalyst_12
Snoqualmie, Washington, United States
Reviewed 25 October 2013

We are on our first RV trip and this KOA was our very first stop and time hooking up the rig - it could not have been a better place to start off our trip. Very clean and well kept, it has all of the amenities we have come to expect from a top RV spot and more - the indoor pool puts it over the top. Friendly staff and accessible to the national and state parks in the area, as well as local restaurants and shopping. Definitely a stop for the camper looking for a great experience.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Chilliwack, Canada
Reviewed 3 September 2013

It's not a campground, it's a resort! It is a bit pricier to start for the sites versus a state park but trust me cost is worth it. We stayed over labour day weekend and there were activities for families all day long. Kids, teens, even adults can join in. Tye dye, clue hunts, treasure hunts, carnival complete with a mechanical bull, bungee run, bouncey boxing, games with prizes...I couldn't believe it! Movies at night with free popcorn. If they aren't playing a movie then there is a community campfire with snacks. We make banana boats and brought them back to our fire to cook. Indoor pool and hot tub, bouncy pillow, indoor rec hall that plays movies all day long and has ping pong, basketball, board games etc. Outdoor volleyball, basketball, giant chess, multiple playgrounds. A dog run area with agility obstacles. FREE pancakes every morning for breakfast. A store with fresh coffee each morning, and all the essentials and then some. An arcade. Outdoor camp kitchens so you can cook and eat away from your site with friends and family or if you are tenting and don't have a stove. A fish cleaning station, garbage pick up twice a day at your site. There is so much more I am forgetting. The kids didn't want to leave the campground to explore the beach and site and I have teens. I am certain if I had kids under 12, we never would've left the campground.

So why didn't I give this the full 5 stars? The wifi is sketchy. Not a huge deal, except we are from Canada and it's expensive to call and text so wifi is how we were communicating back home. We couldn't connect from our site. Noise. It's not the children, it's the crab fishermen. They get up at 5 am, make noise loading up (often talking to each other none to quietly), and then start their trucks up at 6 am. They are often up until midnight with their buddies around the campfire so sleep was a bit of an issue. I don't think there is anything the campground can really do about this. Maybe have a special "quiet area" with no in and outs between 11-7 so people can book that don't want to be disturbed? Might not be an issue if you have a trailer. We were in a tent trailer surrounded by the same group in the sites all around us so it was an issue. If you don't have children, be aware that there are A LOT of children here. Although there is an adult only swim time each night. And only teens and adults are allowed in the hot tub. Otherwise it's mostly geared for families.

Fort Stevens State park is right across the street. They have gorgeous beaches there for everyone to access (you don't have to be camping there). You can even drive right on the beach and find your own piece of Heaven. There is also a lake! There is a $5 fee to park at the lake for the day but the ocean is free to park. White sand beaches, truly beautiful. If you can get your kids to leave the campground.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jokelta
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hammond
Cannery Pier Hotel
#7 of 14 in Astoria
Commodore Hotel
Commodore Hotel
#8 of 14 in Astoria

Been to Astoria/Warrenton/Seaside KOA? Share your experiences!